What albums that the more you listen...

The_Evil_Gentleman

Power Metal Owns
Aug 9, 2004
Mars (maybe Jupiter)
the more you dislike it.

For example, you got a CD and you are expected that it'll blow your stereo but it disappointed you. When you try to give it another shot, you hated it more.

I'd say...

Nightwish - Century Child
Metallica - The Black Album
Slayer - Diabulos In Musica

Howabout you?

most of these are albums that lost their appeal long ago or never had any to begin with but were hyped by others

any Satyricon, including Dark Medieval Times, The Shadowthrone, and Nemesis Divina
Windir - I'm sorry, there are some good songs, but most of them AREN'T that memorable
Enslaved - everything except Vikingligr Veldi
Emperor - I never liked anything except ITNE and now I still only enjoy the first song
Leviathan - always found Wrest annoying
Absu starts to sound unintersting after several listens
My Dying Bride - probably the first metal band I got into along with Opeth but now I found them annoyingly whiney. mostly. the atmosphere sometimes saves it.
Arcturus - UGH. I can't listen to this anymore! Why did I ever like this?

I know there's others but that's all I feel like listing as I'm beyond exhausted.

Exhumed - SlaughterCult - Still kicks shit, but I cant listen to it that often
Armoured Angel - Angel Of The Sixth Order - Awesome, but gets a tad repetitve, and you start to notice it more after several listens.

Perdition's Light said:
most of these are albums that lost their appeal long ago or never had any to begin with but were hyped by others

(...a bunch of really good bands and My Dying Bride...)

I know there's others but that's all I feel like listing as I'm beyond exhausted.

WTF? And the only one of those bands you do compliment at all is My Dying Bride... :lol:

Summoning - Dol Guldur, I currently find this album to be a massively overrated waste of time.
Thyrfing - Vansinnesvisor, This is cool but I find it lately isn't really doing much for me.
Goul - Maniaxe, Just a huge let down from when I first bought it.

Lacuna Coil - Comalies (dumbed down, totally radio-tailored female-fronted goth. Mandylion this is not.)
Machine Head - Burn My Eyes (slow and plodding. Vio-lence owns this band in every respect except vocals, although this album used to be a Top 10 favorite of mine.)
Pantera - Far Beyond Driven (not necessarily a bad album, but a lot of filler.)

Blut Aus Nord - The Work Which Transforms God

The best thing about this album is the short rant at the end of the booklet. Other than that, too odd for my taste.

Beyond the Embrace - Insect Song....Ill admit I was sort of excited for this when it first came out because I had seen them on their first American tour with Opeth and all and there first album was pretty good, well i can't stand this thing anymore.

Necromantia - Crossing The Fiery Path
Summoning - Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame
Xasthur - Nocutrnal Poisoning

Guardian of Darkness said:
Just out of curiosity, HOW?
Because I cannot find a single thing to enjoy about it any more. I downloaded Nightshade Forest and liked it, so I ordered the album and at the end of one listening I was pretty unimpressed. Since then I have forced myself to sit through it many times in the hope that it would suddenly 'click' but sadly it never has. The riffs are muffled by the production and just seem to endlessly plod along until they have lost any appeal they might have had at the beginning of the song. They sound as if the band has them because they have to, as if they still want to be considered a metal band but really aren't interested in that part of their sound anymore. Of course all the songs are completely dominated by the keyboards, which wouldn't be such a bad thing if they inspired any emotional reaction in me at all. I mean the images I get from the keys are of renaissance fairs and medieval recreations, they are innocuous and, for me at least, rather tedious. The whole thing just sounds like east european martching music produced on an incredibly limited budget by forest goblins.