Albums that have grown on you

Also probably stargzer - the scream that tore the sky
when i first got this i though it was shat, now stargazer are my favourite band :kickass:

Opeth: my arms, your hearse. I bought this album used without hearing it prior thinking it sucked. I played the album again 2,3 weeks later loving it and have been hooked on opeth since. Who knows how many other cds had to grow on me. Sometimes the cds that click right off with you are the ones that later on sit in dust never getting play because they are so easy to get into nor have much depth or staying power.

Danallica said:
Also probably stargzer - the scream that tore the sky
when i first got this i though it was shat, now stargazer are my favourite band :kickass:

How on earth did you fool yourself into thinking Stargazer was anything BUT godly?

Burzum - Det Som Engang Var
I still don't care for those vocals.
Voivod - Angel Rat
No one I've ever discussed this album with liked it on the first listen, and many still hate it.
Amorphis - Tales From 1000 Lakes
If I had heard that album later in life, I would have dug it instantly, but I still thought at that point in time that death and prog could not mix.

Graveland, Sacramentum
I must have been tone deaf in those days..

The Chasm's Deathcult.. i'm still waiting to "get" this album, it all seems poorly constructed to me.

Darkstone said:
Sonata Arctica - Ecliptica
Edguy - Hellfire Club
Children Of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet

no, not hellfire club
savage poetry damn it :kickass:

Quite a few of those albums that I find really, really good took me quite some time to fully appreciate, and I'm always a bit suspicious towards albums I like right away cause many of those have turned out to be MEH in the end.

WELL ANYWAY to mention a few;
Primordial - All

there.

Right now Angel Dust by Faith No More is an album I notice growing on me with each listen (I'm late to the party I know), other records that are improving with every spin include all the Neurosis albums, maudlin of the Well's Bath and Leaving Your Body Map and The Mantle by Agalloch

Hammers of Misfortune - The Bastard

It took me buying The August Engine and listening to it for a few months before I began to appreciate their earlier album.

Hmmmmm....

My all time growers was/is:

Paradise Lost - Icon - At the time I bought this on tape, I hated it. I thought it lacked aggression, was pointlessly depressing and sounded like a poor Metallica rip-off. Then I played it. Again. Again. Again. Now, it's one of my favourite PL releases.