Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
Darkthrone - Transilvanian Hunger
Cathedral - Forest of Equilibrium
Blut Aus Nord - The Work Which Transforms Gods
Velvet Cacoon - Genevieve
Portal - Seepia
Ulver - Bergtatt

Life Sucks said:
I hate to say this, but I have come to realize that Evoken - Antithesis of Light has not grown on me. I find extremely slow dissonant/atonal music very hard to listen to. I like my doom metal slow and death metal-ish, but melodic.

I finally got into antithesis of light. Musicially it's still not as good as embrace the emptiness or quietus, just very different too.

Anything by Emperor has not grown on me and probably never will.

Hammer of Might said:
Here's my confession:

Obituary's Slowly We Rot and Cause of Death!

Am I the only one who just can't get into this stuff? Very simplistic riffs which were done far better in thrash, predictable song structures, just kind of monotonous. I like the odd track like Slowly We Rot and Chopped in Half, but what's the big deal with this band?

I think their sound was done better by someone like Dismember. I can appreciate that they were pioneering a new approach, I just don't find them very exciting.

I've tried and tried to get into those albums (especially Cause of Death, for the single reason that it has one of the most killer covers in metal!) but it still doesn't really click.

I can't stand Obituary.

Slowly We Rot and Cause of death were good even though the band is just riffs celtic frost would have thrown out.

They're really unexciting. I know they were influential and new-sounding and what not, but that does not warrant a person having to like them. To put it in perspective, I do not like Mayhem either.

I have never clicked with Opeth, i have ghost reveries and black water park. I know they are really talented musicians but their music just doesn't grow on me. Another band is Dreamtheatre, i guess progressive metal is not for me.

Opeth never worked out with me either. SUPER fucking overhyped. All of the songs feel really lazy and meandering...

V.V.V.V.V. said:
They're really unexciting. I know they were influential and new-sounding and what not, but that does not warrant a person having to like them. To put it in perspective, I do not like Mayhem either.

I don't think obituary started a new sound or had a sound. Obituary is a tribute to celtic frost and thrash(the trash part only on SWR). The band really never even attempted to have something like a signature thing to call theres. I'm not saying you have to if that's not what you want but everyone kisses there ass like they are revolutionary.

I don't see the big death with mayhem. 'De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas' was good, but I can't take an image based band with controvery seriously or as important that really has done nothing for 15 years(imo). The band is to concerned with image and their singer maniac that was recently kicked out was boring.

Life Sucks said:
I hate to say this, but I have come to realize that Evoken - Antithesis of Light has not grown on me. I find extremely slow dissonant/atonal music very hard to listen to. I like my doom metal slow and death metal-ish, but melodic.

melodic music sucks!

Carcassian said:
OK mate, let me ellucidate.

Morbid Angel - Pre domination - songs were too vague, undirected and a bit boring to be honest. Theres the odd good track, and in terms of influence, I know that theyre very important - however, their music never really hooked me. I prefer the non-David Vincent stuff, and I think that both Formulas and Gateways are amazing albums. I don't like Heretic much though.

Emperor - The big "so what?" of the more accesible black metal albums. Yeah, so they added some parping trumpet samples and warbled on about myths. Their discordant tending to semi-melodic shtick got really tired, really quick. They also couldn't carry a hook in a bucket. I don't like Black Metal much at all, to be honest, and (perhaps tellingly) I would much rather listen to Cradle of Filth from the same period than to Emperor. They have a good tune or two, but I don't see what all the fuss is about. I find them rather dull.

Darkthrone - If I wanted to hear a punk band record in a tin shed next to my house, while someone shrieks rather banal lyrics over the top, I'm sure I could arrange it. Shit production is shit production, necro or not. Punk riffs are punk riffs, not grim tr00ness. I'm rather fond of Darkthrone in their interviews, and I almost get the impression that they are laughing along at everyone buying their half-baked nonsense. Whether in pseudo punk mode or Celtic Frost loving mode, I find them equally yawnsome.

you lose at life

The Greys said:
I don't think obituary started a new sound or had a sound. Obituary is a tribute to celtic frost and thrash(the trash part only on SWR). The band really never even attempted to have something like a signature thing to call theres. I'm not saying you have to if that's not what you want but everyone kisses there ass like they are revolutionary.

Just because they covered a Celtic frost song doesn't mean they are a clone band. The CF influence is very obvious at times, but Cause of death stands the test of time as a groundbreaking classic.

Tubbs Mcgee said:
That's sad. I used to despise them until I heard Deliverance, then I was able to get into them more. Now I have all of their albums.

I used to love them and have all the albums up until Deliverance then I realized they're pretty damn mediocre!

Opeth-Still Life

Just to see what the hype was all about i downloaded it and burned it to a cd. It was a waste of a good blank cd. It was the worst metal record i ever herd. Since then i hate opeth and i think they are the worst metal band ever.

:mad: HEY MISTER YOU BEST SHUT YOUR CHOPS UP YOU HAVE UPSET MY MISSUS YOU BULLY BOY:mad:
cover27hl.jpg

Consuming Impulse said:
Opeth-Still Life

Just to see what the hype was all about i downloaded it and burned it to a cd. It was a waste of a good blank cd. It was the worst metal record i ever herd. Since then i hate opeth and i think they are the worst metal band ever.

I don't think you are man enough to like Opeth. I honestly think your ears are too immature to understand any other type of music other than thrash.

PWN3D!