Best 70's Metal Band

well, I don't know all of the bands you mentioned, but I think Black Sabbath and Motorhead are very good.

btw: I'm a CoB-fan, too, but I'm pretty open-minded (so I won't kill anyone for liking of disliking a band, style of music or anything else...)

I have no deep rooted animosity towards COB or their fans, I have listened to all of their releases for review in a zine, I just happened not to care for them.
Combine that dislike with Slayerized's idiotic comments, followed by his little COB tag, well, you can see how he left himself open for my shots.
I will say that they do have technical ability, I just don't particularly care for them.

I love CoB. Now, moving on...

I didn't read through the whole thread, so I'm not sure what others have considered '70s metal bands. Me personally, I count Judas Priest. They released quality track after quality track on their '70s classics. Fuck, MANY of them stand up live today. THEY'RE the classic band in my book.

Originally posted by markgugs
I love CoB. Now, moving on...

I didn't read through the whole thread, so I'm not sure what others have considered '70s metal bands. Me personally, I count Judas Priest. They released quality track after quality track on their '70s classics. Fuck, MANY of them stand up live today. THEY'RE the classic band in my book.

Yeah, I think 70's Priest is the best Priest.

Of classic metal/rock I like Zepplin,Rush, Sabbath, J.Priest,Boc,the list goes on. Oh, and I like the old Metallica better than their later stuff. I like the doors also