Sweet (some heavy stuff !)
Angel
The Godz
Max Webster
Triumph
Aerosmith (rocks)

N.P.O

Mentors!!! Right on dude!!

I am going to see them next week in Baltimore and DC. IT's obviously an altered lineup (RIP El Duce), but it will rock nonetheless!!

i think blue cheer were the first to have a metal sound instead of an acidrock sound. vincubus eruptum came out in january of 1968
they had 4 albums out before black sabbath was ever released.

blue cheer had/has more of a garage sound to them. sabbath definetly took it to a higher level and set the standard for many future bands.

BUT, i still think the best & most underated of the 70's was UFO.
1974 they had the sound that the NWOBHM bands were trying to have in the early 80's. it was their sound that took metal out of the underground and got airplay & started the 80's metal monster that dorkerizedcorpse wishes he was around to see like us "hippies" did.

Budgie
Thin Lizzy
Rainbow
Black Sabbath
Deep Purple
Led Zeppellin
Judas Priest
Ac/Dc
Motorhead
Rush
Scorpions
BOC
Van Halen
Uriah heep
Hawkind

It's my 70's best bands...

I forgot
Alice Cooper
The Stooges
Ted Nugent

Best 70's Metal Band......????

Black Sabbath

Led Zeppelin

Pentagram

Witchfinder General

Blue Cheer

UFO

Blue Oyster Cult

Deep Purple

AC/DC

Besides Black Sabbath, this list is a list of some of the WORST bands.....and not just of the 70's....I'm talking EVER !! RUSH is the only one missing from this list of horrible bands that I can't believe were even put in the same breath of "BEST" bands of the 70's........what??? I guess Zepplin is ummm....so/so. But otherwise, geez, I guess I wouldn't really want to listen to much from this list. RAINBOW and The Scorpions were decent....

Originally posted by Troyanasy
Cool deadgoat666
Tell me how it goes

Up The Dose

Hey dude, Mentors shows were killer! The Sickie Wifebeater fill in (Sickie J) was an awesome axeman, he shredded! They said next year they will tour with 2 guitars, hope it comes through. The DELEWARE show was great, there were a lot of people who came out to that one, more than DC and BAltimore.

Totally rocked out on the classics!

TO Decipleofthewatch:

All I can say is you are out of your mind.....AC/DC one of the worst bands ever???? They pretty much define electrified, balls to the walls rock n roll (first half of their career at least). Early 70's PEntagram is awesome, but I'd agree that their 80's shit is lame as hell. First 3 Blue Oyster Cult albums are great, don't confuse them with Don't fear the reaper bullshit, totally different.

Blue Cheer??? Worst???? C'mone dude, they were cranking out distored metal riffs years before Black SAbbath, and were undoubtably the heaviest thing in their time.

Deep Purple, the early stuff, up to about MAchine Head, is truly classic killer metal. Once COverdale joined they got gay....CHeck out In Rock or Machine Head....awesome.

Witchfinder General may be an aquired taste for some. I personnally think they are great. Reagardless they were ahead of their time (though they would be more 80's than 70's).

RUSH?? Absolutely one of the most talented bands out there. SOme don't like Geddy LEe's vocals, but musically, wow.

I used to rock my Judas Priest records til the cops came and my mother took them away...and the day I heard Iron Maiden...all was lost. me poor old mum.

Originally posted by deadgoat666
I like acdc up until and including Flick of The Switch (last album with Phill Rudd), after that....blah.

Not sure if you are aware, but Phil cleaned up off the drugs and booze, and has been back with the band since their Ballbreaker album in '95.

I love'em. AC/DC is my favorite band from both the 70's and the 80's. Good old-fashioned high voltage kick ass rock'n'roll. Angus, even at this age, is still one of the most entertaining guitarists to watch live...he doesn't need a fancy stage set-up, just lots of room to move.

Some would argue that all of their stuff sounds the same, but I also have to commend them for not swaying with the trends for the thirty years that they've been rocking!

Yeah! Kick ass!
Beavis-02.gif

Thanks for the info, no I wasn't aware he was with them now. I pretty much completely lost interest in their stuff past that point. I even recall in high school when my buddy bought "Blow up you video" and it ended up getting tossed out of the truck before getting halfway through it!

I would like to see them live, I still think angus rocks........But BRian Johnson's voice is completely shot now (he sounds more and more like a duck with every release).