best all time ie moments

jakesands5

satans onion
Mar 4, 2005
minnesota
i dunno just felt like pointing out the greatest into eternity riff.
in my opinion...
on their self titled album, the self titled song, at around two minutes and fifty-six seconds in is the greatest transition ever to be recorded.
distorion to clean.. not a problem. what is that a fretless bass i hear? yeah, god its so bad ass.
anyway second greatest was hearing them do the layered death vox at the end of spiralling live in minneapolis. mmm.
i dont know if anyone else feels like explaing just why they are ie fans? but if you do feel free to enlighten.

It's for sure the way they combine the different styles within a song, both musically as vocally. And the way that enhances the effect of either style.
I'd have to think about the greatest riff, but vocally the start of 3 Dimensional Departure, with Rob's long growl and then the three different death voices alternating the first 3 lines, gives me goosebumps each time!

The intro to "Splintered Visions" owns. It kicks ass, and despite the tabs being there, dececptively difficult to get tight.

Live, seeing the band but out the four-man death vocal barrage is pretty fuckin' imposing. Kicked ass seeing them in Kelowna, even if I was on one leg for their set.

live you say... with them... hmmm,
i would do just about anything just to jam with into eternity... live or not.
im just gonna go ahead and assume that your (coin) ie moment pretty much owns all other moments, ..anyway how did that come about?

We've lived in the same city as the guys the Running Free jam that coin speaks of happened in 2001 I witnessed it Running Free sang in gutteral death vocal...
Just a local show,COIN got up grabbed the mic and went to town..

A beautiful thing it was...

I mysef have got up and done Selling God backups before

Well Timmy actually intro-ed me before the song as a suprise guest!!,I had since moved to Calgary a few years back ,so i was home for Xmas & got to see the IE Boxing Day Bash at the Exchange-Tim has a video of it -which I've yet to see-Tims a great guitar player but gettin videos from him is a different story.:ill: (I got a Pestilence video to trade!):wave:

right on...
i may be the first american to say this... but i kinda wish i was born in canada...
just a random question:
ive seen ie once here in minnesota and the crowd much to my dismay wasnt huge.
in canada are their shows pretty big? at least in regina?

It depends. If it's an all ages show, then the place will sell out every time. If it's not, the turnout may vary. We're spoiled because IE has played here quite often. God, I can't even think of how many times I have seen them. 20, 30 times?

Yeah, all ages shows in Regina will most likely sell out. The last 19+ show they played here I heard they only had about 60 people. The drinking folk need to go out a support!!