Nevermore - "Nevermore (reissue)" (CD)

If you actually listened to Nevermore, you'd know that structure is one of the concrete walls that inhibits freedom of the mind and spirit; the 'burger' mentality on this board is a direct manifestation of this natural rebellion against spirit crushing structure; it is a celebration of life, liberty, freedom and love--WD's whole point.

So free yourself, eat a burger ... veggie.

Good, you're talkin bout vegeburgers - cause meateating is so gross it's amazing: killing living beings, hacking their corpses to pieces, charcoaling the pieces, man, it needs a stone-age mentality to dig it; and I cant imagine any Nevermore-fan wallowing in such grossness.

It's of course also in stark opposition to the lofty ideals you name.

If there is any rationalising, it's the Auschwitz mentality: You arbitrarily designate a group of living beings as dumb, and that implies that you can treat'm like you want - even kill'm and eat'm.

So yeah, a nice juicy vegeburger, at e.g. Burger King or MacDonalds - mmmmmmm :kickass:

Nicky.

I will be really happy when everyone finally realises that the Nevermore "debut album" was in fact 8 songs taken from two sets of demos hurriedly knocked together for Epic Records. In fact, when the first demos were recorded the band was still called Sanctuary. Epic was moving in another musical direction (alternative) and passed on re-signing the band.

While the songs (to me at least) aren't bad, the band was really still finding its real identity. I had always hoped that once we got the band a deal we would have had the opportunity to re-record the songs properly, as opposed to these versions which were done as quickly as possible, which is the way demos were often done back in those days, to avoid spending money on something that we knew wasn't ever going to be heard by the general public..

Or so we all thought.

Sadly we never had that opportunity, and it still keeps coming back to haunt us.

:mad:

I will be really happy when everyone finally realises that the Nevermore "debut album" was in fact 8 songs taken from two sets of demos hurriedly knocked together for Epic Records. In fact, when the first demos were recorded the band was still called Sanctuary. Epic was moving in another musical direction (alternative) and passed on re-signing the band.

While the songs (to me at least) aren't bad, the band was really still finding its real identity. I had always hoped that once we got the band a deal we would have had the opportunity to re-record the songs properly, as opposed to these versions which were done as quickly as possible, which is the way demos were often done back in those days, to avoid spending money on something that we knew wasn't ever going to be heard by the general public..

Or so we all thought.

Sadly we never had that opportunity, and it still keeps coming back to haunt us.

:mad:

I still love it.

I will be really happy when everyone finally realises that the Nevermore "debut album" was in fact 8 songs taken from two sets of demos hurriedly knocked together for Epic Records ....

Thanks, and interesting, Neil.

The debut album is the only one that I hear for historical reasons, not for enjoyment. Compared to most other metal albums, it's great, but compared to what came later from Nevermore, it's dull.

All following NM-albums are awesome, they really "take me away" every time I play'm (Sorrowed Man being one of the most treasured gems).

Despite NM-music being totally complex, there are a surprising number of devoted fans, in fact in all ages (e.g. I and some other fans I know are over 50), expectedly mainly in North America, as the progmetal scene is more advanced there (especially in Seattle, the best educated city in the US and probably the world - some correlation here). Now if the guys can make a living based on that fan base, it's just great, cause who cares what the broad masses think, as long as they're into Madonna, X-Factor, and that sorta stuff.

Endeavor is my alltime fave album by any group (whew, breathless) ... but who knows what the guys will conjure up on their next album. I for one am looking enormously forward to it :loco:

Nicky.

wow, really?

Veggies experience depths in it that are barred to carnies :saint:

:heh:

I'm just listening to In Memory. Already with this album, NM went off on their own very extraordinary trajectory into the Universe :headbang:

And this Dave Loomis guy, he sure knows some tricks :kickass:

:heh:

Btw Brooks, who is this Pentti Linkola guy ? He must be a bit ... hm, sick :eek:

Nicky.

Veggies experience depths in it that are barred to carnies :saint:

I don't eat meat either, so don't pull any of that high and mighty shit on me, bub.

TGE was pretty crap by Nevermore standards.

Btw Brooks, who is this Pentti Linkola guy ? He must be a bit ... hm, sick :eek:

Nicky.

Check him out. But you seem like a sensitive type that might not be able to handle his blunt force honesty. Good luck.

Brooks I thought you hated "modern production"?

Certainly not! I think modern production techniques have opened up the floodgates of creative potential!

I hate lifeless, soulless, sterile, paint-by-numbers fit-into-the-grid production, that takes no chances and sticks a nice saccharine sheen on top, whether it be modern or ancient!

BTW Kevin, I realized what it is that bothers be about the sound of The Way of All Flesh. I've said before that it's probably the best sounding modern metal record, and I still believe it. It's the pinnacle of modern metal production technique 2008.

But listening to the first three Gojira albums this past week, I noticed that on each record, the Gojira sound had been refined and built. There were certain things that they did on each record, which kept.... progressing (lolz!). From Mario's drum sound, to the brutality and personality of the guitars, each record had been a move forward, building upon the previous one.

That ended with the newest one. Instead of building a new addition to their Bayonne farm house of old, family forged, filled with generations of growth and ideals, they sold it in favor of a shiny new modern condo in Paris with all the latest features and amenities. Stainless steel kitchen with marble countertops! A badet in the bathroom to keep your bottom nice and fresh! Flat screen TV, and wireless DSL in every room, to keep you up to date with the hottest technology!

I think the rustic farmland of their former foundation is a much more fitting environment for a band that sings so often about the perils of advancing technology without regards for the soul of the earth.

Please. Anyone but Andy Sneap for new Nevermore. pelasepleasepleasepleasepleaaaasseee