NEVERMORE Frontman Working On Solo Album

flu boy

Waffle Hut
Oct 20, 2003
Waffle Hut
Visit site
Source: Blabbermouth

Date: June 25, 2006

NEVERMORE frontman Warrel Dane is collaborating with former SOILWORK guitarist Peter Wichers on material for Dane's first solo album. The CD is expected to include an appearance by Warrel's former SANCTUARY (pre-NEVERMORE) bandmate Dave Budbill (currently in ZEROCREEP) on drums. No information is presently available regarding the album's musical direction or possible release date.

As previously reported, NEVERMORE will be filming their August 25, 2006 performance at the Studio Seven in Seattle, Washington for their first-ever DVD. A 2007 release is expected.

NEVERMORE guitarist Steve Smyth (ex-TESTAMENT) was diagnosed with end-stage kidney failure last fall, the result of a congenital birth defect. JAG PANZER guitarist Chris Broderick filled in for Smyth on all European festival dates, just as he has done on the band's recent U.S. tour.

NEVERMORE's bass player and one of the founding members Jim Sheppard recently underwent a minor procedure for Crohn's Disease, a condition he's managed for over 15 years. Unable to perform with the band during the first part of their recent tour with IN FLAMES, Sheppard was temporarily replaced by longtime friend James MacDonough (ex-MEGADETH, ICED EARTH).

NEVERMORE will be supporting DISTURBED across Europe this fall. After their touring activity the band will be taking time off to write the follow-up to last year's critically acclaimed album "This Godless Endeavor".

Hey did you guys hear, they're playin a dvd filming show sometime too I think! Don't quote me... but I've got a hunch it'll be in Seattle.

A Trace Of Blood said:
I don't see how it is a solo album if he is collaborating.

edith01.jpg

"Steenking collaborateur!"

Wow, Blabbermouth strikes again indeed, I guess this really wasn't a secret, but they could have waited until we made an official press release, what the heck does Blabber do? I wonder if they just search forums and put bits of info together..oh well I was gonna say something official tomorrow anyway....

Will Bozarth said:
I'm surpried it took them this long, to tell you the truth. Didn't you post something a couple months back about it? Oh well.... what they learn is useless.
oh Will are you perched upon your soiled throne again??? haha

I would venture a guess that they may dredge forums. Or maybe someone pulled a kiss and tell.