Best ampsim sound I've ever had (Drop A#, Gearbox Big Bottom, AD Drums, real Bass)

I really don't know where I get this rumbling from in my mixes. Everything is high/lowpassed, enough space for the kickdrum. What do you guys usualy do to have everything in place and have no frequencys fighting? Please don't say "EQ". :) Maybe someone can point me in some direction? When I add the vocals in the end it tends to be muddy even more.

I'm actually heard that the kicks in AD are just ridiculously rumbly, so that could very well be a part of it!

I still love AD Drums so much because it's the only drum computer I can make sound any good. I'm so bad at mixing drums it's not a joke :D

I still love AD Drums so much because it's the only drum computer I can make sound any good. I'm so bad at mixing drums it's not a joke :D

Seems to be a great tone but dude, the low end is RUMBLING! I'm guessing it is the kick drum because the nature of the rumble indicates, to me atleast, that it's something more percussive than a bass guitar/guitar. The bass guitar could contribute to the rumble too I suppose, but I would start looking at the kick drum first. If you can strap a Dominion on the kick and maybe pull down the sustain a little bit, you could shape the sound so it keeps all the nice transient but dampens the damn rumbling sustain :)

Seems to be a great tone but dude, the low end is RUMBLING! I'm guessing it is the kick drum because the nature of the rumble indicates, to me atleast, that it's something more percussive than a bass guitar/guitar. The bass guitar could contribute to the rumble too I suppose, but I would start looking at the kick drum first. If you can strap a Dominion on the kick and maybe pull down the sustain a little bit, you could shape the sound so it keeps all the nice transient but dampens the damn rumbling sustain :)

thanks man! will try that!

It sounds great indeed. It still has that metallic quality that most amp sims seem to have, but it certainly fits the mix in this case.

this is awesome!!!! cant believe this is pod, need to high pass that rumble out of there though. Anyone know where i can get hold of that engl impulse?

There is no patch for the bass that would work because I did most processing in cubase, not gearbox. you can hear a lot of DI-Track with ampeg-impulses, some gearbox thats about -7db.

I think I posted one of my ad-presets (I mostly use the same preset and go from there) in some of my threads allready.

Loco, where would you highpass a guitar in drop a#? I think a lot of the rumble comes from the ad kick actually!

:worship: Amazing tone. It's so crushing. Man, two years of trial and error... ok, I have a looong way to go.
Aber wie sagt man so schön: Was lange währt, wird endlich gut.:kickass: