Best ampsim sound I've ever had (Drop A#, Gearbox Big Bottom, AD Drums, real Bass)

this sounds alot like architects i think, might just be me. Any details on processing of the bass in the DAW? or guitars. Again, well done man

Bass:

the gearbox track has NO eq at all, just sir2 with ampeg 8x10 impulse (A8x10_57_ah.wav) and lot's of rcomp compression.
the DI bass track has a wide 2k boost and sir2 with A8x10_57_A107.wav impulse (dry signal still on!) and lot's of rcomp compression :)

actually I was wrong: the DI track has -14db!!!.
bass group track has req2 with high/lowpass filter at 63hz and 8.5k, again a lot of rcomp, and some eq (boost at 1.2k and 3.5k, took out some of the 150hz boom)
the bass I used is fucking old and has a SHITTY sound on it's own. it couldn't handle the tuning too well :)

Link to Gearbox preset:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y00JUFS3

Guitars:

quadtracked, s-preshigh impulse by catharsis (thanks man!), 100/85-85/100 panning.
grouptrack: high/lowpass at 80hz and 11k.

some boost at 470hz, some more at 1.1k.

that's it. hope I could help!

this sounds alot like architects i think, might just be me. Any details on processing of the bass in the DAW? or guitars. Again, well done man

my biggest influences right now are raised fist and comeback kid, architects are okay but the new record sucks a lot.

Emdprodukt to get rid of the muddiness on the low end just cut the very low of the bass, if you tried that already than give boost to the mid range of the bass and lower the low range. As for the kick drum give a boost to the midhigh range. Try these two with 1-3db max and check the muddiness again. It will be much much better.
But most of all the problem is in the bass. I feel you overused the rbass waves plugin maybe? Try these out..

Love the guitar tone as well though I must say that I'm pretty convinced that the bottom end muddines is due to the guitars not being high passed sufficiently. Seems to be the L6 big bottoms typical problem - it needs to be high passed somewhat higher than the other "amps". Around 100-120 Hz - and highpassing with one band isn't enough, with the big bottom I end up doing two or three high passes. Cleans up the low end and opens up the sound, raise the bass afterwards to fill in the "missing" guitar frequencies.

Cheers & btw awesome & f¤%#& tasty riffing!

georgekant: no rbass at all. I will cut some of the lows.

kromann: thanks man! I had my highpass somewhere arround 80hz :) let's see what will happen, uploading an update soon!

This tone is great! Can't believe its pod, great to see this is achievable, its a great song too, I can hear the vocals already :)

hmm.. the big bottom amp was played to record first without the built in cabinets in gearbox.. then u use impulse using SIR2? correct me if im wrong.
I love this mix alredy \m/

Wow! This song is number 1 on soundclick death metal charts. does that mean anything :)?

Hahaha yeah :D First of all..Congrats! I still know, as I was pretty new here, an Act of Rage song was on #1 Soundclick. I also asked here, if this means anything. Then Black neon Bob told me, I kicked him off the first place. He congratulated me and said that there is nothing special..it´s just the fact, lot of Sneapsters had listen to it.

I allready posted the preset. what really matters are my hands :) I allready used this preset with another band. doesn't sound like my song at all.

i hate when fags hide their settings. It doesn't help anyone it just locks people out from learning in a new way.Yes there are those that abuse the system by just stealing a tone and then being LIKE OMG WTFIAMSTILLSHIT. You should be able to write explanations in pod tones so u can say 'omgz 1.6khz boost givez bla bla' etc. Kind of like youtube