Best Bass Strings for 5 string 35" scale + EMGs

Don't even kid yourself, man. DR. Get the MH5-45 set.

Edit: I get these most of the time, but if you want a little tighter of a fit for recording, I've found the the MH5-130 set, from 45-130, is just as well.

I've played pretty much every brand of bass string on this planet. I've come to the conclusion that D'Addario's are the best.

1.) They're cheap.
2.) They sound just as good and last just as long (if not longer) then every other brand.
3.) They make almost all their strings in any gauge you want.
4.) They're cheap.

So my recommendation is to buy their ProSteel (Super Long Scale!!!) 45-130 set.

Rotosounds are a bit warmer, more old school from what I remember. And I seem to remember Elixirs feeling too plasticy on bass (although I LOVE them on acoustic). GHS are ok, but dull out quickly - and I just stay away from Dean Markley (especially the blue steels).

I've played pretty much every brand of bass string on this planet. I've come to the conclusion that D'Addario's are the best.

1.) They're cheap.
2.) They sound just as good and last just as long (if not longer) then every other brand.
3.) They make almost all their strings in any gauge you want.
4.) They're cheap.

So my recommendation is to buy their ProSteel (Super Long Scale!!!) 45-130 set.

Liking this suggestion....I guess the Super Long would be appropriate for my 35" scale?

I've had a few packs of Roto's with dead strings in them and haven't tried them since (had the same issues when I worked at SC too).

DR, LaBella (best low B you'll ever play) and EB are my votes. If you can get your hands on some LaBella Hard Rockin' Steels you won't regret it, the clarity on that B string is amazing.

If you want really long lasting strings, Elixirs are very nice. The sound may sound a little muffled compared to normal strings, but you won't notice it in a full mix anyway.

Muffled, you say? That's actually kind of what I want in a bass sound. I'll have to try them out.

D'Addario are my weapon of choice for my 4 (ibanez EDB) and 5 string (Ltd B-305)

Peavey were quite good when i could get them, they had an awesome solid tone to them

Anyone tried Warwick EMPs?? they lasted aaaaaaaaaages on my Ibaneez EDB (in drop B/C) too

Liking this suggestion....I guess the Super Long would be appropriate for my 35" scale?

Yeah, you'll need to get the Super Long Scales.

Believe me when I say D'Addario are easily the best. I can afford to put whatever brand of string I want on my basses and I always use D'Addario's. It just doesn't hurt that they're cheaper than every other brand.