Best book to better my mixing skills?

It took 20 posts before this book was mentioned...
Shame on the Sneapsters!!! :D:D

Most of those posts are from 2010 and systematic mixing guide came out this year.
I've never read a book related to audio but it's definitely something that I will do in the future :)

Here's a really good book Ive been reading and mostly finished

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Mixing-Secrets-Small-Studio-Senior/dp/0240815807/ref=wl_mb_hu_m_2_dp[/ame]

I'll throw in another recommendation for Mike Senior's "Mixing Secrets for the Small Studio." Really helped me to start understanding what I was hearing and why.

My opinion is that the best thing anyone can do to increase their skills is to get high end monitors (no sub if they are big enough) and modify their room. When you can actually hear what your mix is, then you can make is perfect. If you are mixing on Event or KRK speakers or something, you cant improve. Mackie 824, probably minimum quality level. Genelec and up is best.

I know this thread is about books though...sorry. :)

Colin

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Critical-Listening-Skills-Audio-Professionals/dp/1598630237/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338260465&sr=8-1[/ame]

This book is AMAZING. Though not necessarily about mixing, it will definitely make discerning what you're hearing at mix time easier, and therefore make your mixes better. This is assuming you know how to use compressors, eqs, etc.

hi, sorry for hijacking this threat, could anyone advice me a book about guitar amplifiers?
i want to learn about types, construction, relatios ( slo100 -> 5150 )

All that stuff,

Any book or web or threat coul be great (i 've already read the 5150 5152 5153 and recto comparision threat)

Thanks guys!

Relatio:

A relationship that is based on physical pleasuring (for the guy), convenience (for the guy) and the female's misapprehension that the more she pleases her would-be fella, the more likely he is to like her. It never works out this way. By the time lock-jaw has settled in for the 30th time, the lass is starting to realize she never sees her man a. in daylight b. sober and c. from the belly-button up.

Mixermans' "Zen & The Art of Mixing" is worth reading as well.

I did a search, but didn't find much. Anyways, what are your opinions regarding the best book to better my mixing skills? I'm not a complete noob (I know what reverb/compression/etc is), but I certainly have plenty of room to improve.

Thanks
The absolute best book you can buy is called "The Mixing Engineers Handbook" by Bobby Owsinski. If you don't become a better mixer even after reading 1-chapter of this book, you will never be a Mixer. I have learned so much with this text. It even has quotes from famous Mixing Engineers taken in context with the subject at hand, and is not merely used for filler. Check it out!

The absolute best book you can buy is called "The Mixing Engineers Handbook" by Bobby Owsinski. If you don't become a better mixer even after reading 1-chapter of this book, you will never be a Mixer. I have learned so much with this text. It even has quotes from famous Mixing Engineers taken in context with the subject at hand, and is not merely used for filler. Check it out!

Absolutely true! That book is fantastic. Also something that will help tremendously is listening music in your mixing environment and on your mixing rig.

Damir