Best Canadian band?

Nuclear Vampire

Metal Machine
Apr 30, 2003
Winnipeg
I'm definetly gonna say they're my #2 Canadian band (sorry guys but Voivod will ALWAYS be my fave group!). I know these kind of lists are tedious at best but just to show what esteemed company I think Into Eternity belong with, here goes...

1. Voivod
2. Into Eternity
3. Razor
4. Rush
5. Strapping Young Lad

..with Dayglo Abortions, Kataklysm and SNFU coming in @ #6 or so.

Like I said, these lists are dumb but what the hell, eh?

in no order...
Voi Vod
Razor
Exciter
Cryptopsy
Monster Voodoo Machine
Soulstorm
Into Eternity
Slaughter
Martyr
Sacrifice
Strapping Young lad
Kataklysm

There's also Despised Icon that will release their debut album soon ( I think ). It's meshuggah-like metal. Not my type, but it could interest some of you.

timroth-intoeternity said:
The new Quo Vadis is jaw dropping. It's a really great Prog/Death sort of album.

Tim
Indeed. On metal-rules.com, they compared Quo Vadis to you guys mixed with Death.

IE are definetly a great Canadian band and among the topic acts. there is a lot of great bands from Quebec though on Galy Records that kick ass & aren't that well known.

btw, despised icon already have a cd out, their century media debut is coming sometime in 2005. and they're much more death/grind, i don't really see a comparison to Meshuggah.

HateWork said:
IE are definetly a great Canadian band and among the topic acts. there is a lot of great bands from Quebec though on Galy Records that kick ass & aren't that well known.

btw, despised icon already have a cd out, their century media debut is coming sometime in 2005. and they're much more death/grind, i don't really see a comparison to Meshuggah.
Maybe I was wrong. I only listened to one song from a EP and I immediately thought of Meshuggah.