Best Cannibal Corpse album?

Cannibal Corpse is my favorite band, period; inside of death metal or out. Tomb of the Mutilated is my choice for Barnes era, and Bloodthirst for Corpsegrinder era and overall. Bloodthirst is actually my favorite fucking album of all time, and to me it's their absolute zenith. Vile, Gallery, and Wretched Spawn are other great picks for later era stuff, but personally I think they went down a bit in quality with Kill and then plateaued there and have as of yet remained. Though I have only heard one track from the new album and thought it was straight garbage. I'll agree that Gore Obsessed is underrated but I don't think it's essential within their catalog by any means.

Tomb and Butchered are really the only Barnes albums I love. I haven't heard enough of Eaten, it never caught my ear as much, and I think The Bleeding sucks.

Morguelord, Krow and anyone else who mentioned Bloodthirst know what they are talking about! :kickass: Gore Obsessed is often overlooked which is a shame because it has Pit of Zombies which is a top 10 CC song. The Wretched Spawn is probably their most technical album and the one that got me into Cannibal Corpse. There is an amazing video on youtube of the band playing an instrumental version of Frantic Disembowelment that is worth watching.

Reactions: Atomic Tide
Vile is their best IMO. Butchered at birth and Eaten Back To Life are also essential. Bloodthirst is very good. You might appreciate The Bleeding and I used to enjoy that album but fucking hate it now

Reactions: CiG
Pretty much all of their albums have something good on it. Just do a lucky dip IMO and you'll end up with something decent.

Reactions: CiG
I like most of their albums, but the likes of The Bleeding, Butchered at Birth, and Tomb of the Mutilated deserve the honourable place in my heart. However, even their more recent album rock. Torture is great for sure.