Best Cannibal Corpse album?

Don't get the love for The Bleeding myself, I don't think I ever could get into that one even when I was almost exclusively blasting CC in my earliest days.

I, in turn, could never understand the 'love' or maybe the 'trend' for loving Tomb of the Mutilated. People often state it's the best of the genre, lol. All because of one song. Honestly, that album is pretty uneven to me. The Bleeding is definitely a more consistent release, but I will have to revisit it for sure. Have we already done the best album thing with Cannibal Corpse?

I, in turn, could never understand the 'love' or maybe the 'trend' for loving Tomb of the Mutilated. People often state it's the best of the genre, lol. All because of one song. Honestly, that album is pretty uneven to me. The Bleeding is definitely a more consistent release, but I will have to revisit it for sure. Have we already done the best album thing with Cannibal Corpse?

yeah, i laugh every time i hear someone say Tomb of the Mutilated is one of the best DM albums of all time. Such a pleb opinion. As much as i like the band, none of their releases even come close to deserving that title.

tbh I respect anyone saying Tomb is one of the top death metal albums of all time. It's not one of my all time top death metal albums but it was jarringly bloody and blunt in its nastiness, no medical dictionary needed. (and fairly fucking brutal for its time) In that department alone it was never matched until Molesting the Decapitated. If you love death metal splatter factor over lovecraft plagiarisms and satanical nonsense, I at least understand.

Reactions: zerostatic and CiG
tbh I respect anyone saying Tomb is one of the top death metal albums of all time. It's not one of my all time top death metal albums but it was jarringly bloody and blunt in its nastiness, no medical dictionary needed. (and fairly fucking brutal for its time) In that department alone it was never matched until Molesting the Decapitated. If you love death metal splatter factor over lovecraft plagiarisms and satanical nonsense, I at least understand.

It's hard to not have Tomb in my top 10 of all time death metal albums

Have we already done the best album thing with Cannibal Corpse?

Nope. Hoping that's in the next batch.

Reactions: CiG
Some of their later albums, such of the Wretched Spawn & Kill are amazing DM albums with top-class technicality.