Best Cannibal Corpse album?

Vile is pretty much the definition of ho-hum death metal.

I for one like the rough edges of Vile, I also really appreciate Corpsegrinder's growling style on that one, even if he had still yet to perfect his craft.

Last edited:
one of the stupidest posts ive ever read on this forum

Any song off say Vile pales in comparison to what they were doing earlier. That being said some of their later albums are pretty good(especially Kill). But again, what a ridiculous post on so many different levels.
You haven't given a single argument in all of that, so it's not really a response, it's just an emotional/subjective reaction. We've learned you think it's a stupid post, and that you think Vile pales in comparison to earlier material.

I'm interested, and for the sake of the other ppl reading, in debating whether Bloodthirst is their best.

Bloodthirst is great. In fact every single CC album has amazing stuff on it. A Cannibal Corpse ranking exercise would be rather interesting as they have such a large discog with shitloads of killer albums.

Another album I really enjoy that gets slept on quite a bit is Gore Obsessed.

You haven't given a single argument in all of that
What argument. Why is one of the most ridiculous statements to ever be typed up on this forum stupid? The proof is in your post, as others here have already pointed out.

All you basically said is "anyone who enjoys their earlier work more is just wrong". That is not a moronic statement?

Last edited:
Might have to give those albums a listen then. What's the story there? Did Corpse pinch Fisher from Monstrosity or something?

I'll take his CC run from Vile to Bloodthirst over Imperial Doom myself, still haven't heard Millennium though. I've been really obsessed with Gallery of Suicide lately especially.

Corpsegrinder is waaaay more memorable in Cannibal Corpse. Those Monstrosity albums are far more osdm acceptable but honestly I'd rather listen to Bloodthirst or The Wretched Spawn any day.

Reactions: CiG
I'd say the difference betw Monstrosity and Corpse is the first had more of that Floridian/thrashy death metal edge while the second was always about pure riffy groove, and that Corpse released a lot more quality material, were quite largely more prolific. Webster and O'Brien are song-writing machines. For all their epic death metal elegance esp. on Imp Doom, I don't believe Monstrosity was ever as catchy as Corpse. Cannibal always had that distinctly memorable quality to most of their material, while still keeping it death metal and underground and not mainstream.

Stripped Raped, Staring through the eyes, Hammer Smashed, Frantic Disem, Sickening Metamorphosis, I Will Kill You, From skin to liquid, Priests of Sodom, Decency Defied, Gallery of suicide, Evisceration Plague... are (just) some of the catchiest tunes you'll ever find in death metal, and they're definitely death metal and don't sacrifice any of the shitton heaviness or abrasiveness. Catchy af, yet brutal, no compromise.

l prefer the early CC to the later CC but, that's because l bought Eaten Back to Life in 1990 when it was fucking released and grew up with them
Yeah it must have been interesting to see Cannibal Corpse evolve over the years. Are you much of a fan of the Corpsegrinder era stuff Sirjack?

Sure, Kill is nasty, Webster is a monster on that. l'd have to re-listen to a lot tho. But they all kind of blend into the same formula so l don't really pay much attention.
l think George is great but l didn't like Monstrosity at all after first hearing Imperial Doom in 92.