Best Cannibal Corpse album?

Absolute legend. Obscura must sorely miss him. Easily one of the best drummers in the world.
Lol, not sure if you're trying to be sarcastic here. Definitely one of the best drummers around right now or ever tbh. But yeah the band is definitely not the same without him.

The best youtube comment from that one clip ...

"this dude is so talented,blows me away to hear how plays...he has to be 1 of the best to ever walk this earth,absolutely awesome!!!"

Enjoy it while you can, before some mangini-loving moron comes and comments "all technique, no feel"

0:11 super subtle and most people who aren't super into drums or drum composition won't notice but that is an INSANE polyrhythm lol

"great drummer? or simply the best ever?"

"best drummer in the world."

I actually talked to Steffen Kummerer in June, and he said he didn't miss any of the guys that left the group. He even added that they don't have good relations anymore. He would invite Grossmann to some special anniversary gigs or sth, and there would be no answer from him. Pretty shitty situation. A pity though. The line-up that created Cosmogenesis and Omnivium was fucking unreal.

yea i know about that stuff. Too bad for Steffen(and us), he was/is the least talented out of the bunch and those three imo contributed more to the Osbcura sound than he did. That's even more evident in some of the stuff those guys started doing when they left the band compared to what Obscura is now. But yeah, i agree .. it's a damn shame. At least we got two of the best tech-death albums of all time form them.

Reactions: EspaDa
Lol, not sure if you're trying to be sarcastic here. Definitely one of the best drummers around right now or ever tbh. But yeah the band is definitely not the same without him.

The best youtube comment from that one clip ...

"this dude is so talented,blows me away to hear how plays...he has to be 1 of the best to ever walk this earth,absolutely awesome!!!"
By no means sarcastic at all, he is legitimately that great. I only became aware he left Obscura when you mentioned it to me the other day. I was wondering why I hadn't heard much talk about them since Omnivium.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Grossman has a fatter resume than Gene Hoglan.
Hannes might be even the better drummer of the 2, but Hoglan is a legend, who played in some real classic albums and bands, shit that shaped metal. The fact that he played in 2 Death albums, Dark Angel and SYL makes him stand in a totally different position. It's as ridiculous as comparting Hannes' resume with Lombardo or Sandoval.

It's really odd to me to see people praising Kill so highly. For me, that's the beginning of their decline, it was a pretty big drop in quality and sound from The Wretched Spawn, and then they just plateaued and have released the same album like 4 or 5 times since then. I agree with CIG that Vile was the beginning of their best era (for me personally), but I'd extend to two albums past Bloodthirst (which again is my favorite album of all time) to include GO and TWS. Also agree with putting some of that era above the Monstrosity shit. Personally, I 1000% place Tomb, Bloodthirst, and probably a few others over anything from Monstrosity's catalog, but that's just me. I love those albums as well, they just don't have the same magic for me.

Also, Bruticus is quite possibly the biggest retard in existence for saying people who prefer old Corpse are just wrong. What a fucking dumbass thing to say; the two distinct eras of Cannibal Corpse represent two very differentiated styles, the former era espousing some of the earliest brutal death influences and creating an overtly bludgeoning experience, whereas the latter era is much more technical. What's next, telling people who prefer early Death that they're wrong because it isn't as musically technical as the later shit? Some people just like simpler, more brutal shit. Go jack off your dad, retard.

If I had to do an album ranking, it would probably look like this:
1. Bloodthirst
2. Tomb of the Mutilated
3. Vile
4. Butchered At Birth
5. Gallery of Suicide
6. The Wretched Spawn
7. Gore Obsessed
8. Eaten Back to Life
9. Kill
10. Evisceration Plague
11. Torture
12. A Skeletal Domain
12. Red Before Black
13. The Bleeding

I put the latest few albums in chronological order just because they're all about the same and I'm too indifferent to try any harder. Eaten would probably be higher if I had listened to it more. I just haven't taken enough time to explore it like I should, admittedly.

Reactions: CiG and The Ozzman
I would have said Tomb years ago when I first started digging into death metal surely but any more, and I know I’m beating a dead horse but Bloodthirst or The Wretched Spawn are my favorites.

Reactions: CiG
The Barnes albums that aren't The Bleeding are my favorite. In terms of Corpsegrinder releases, I would have to listen to a lot of them again but Vile is up there. I imagine once we do a poll for this band it'll piece together. I'm in the minority but I really like A Skeletal Domain too.