Best Cannibal Corpse album?

Tomb gets boring after the third track or so. There are definitely better albums than that one. The fact that it contains the two most popular CC tracks (Hammer, I Cum Blood) makes people place it above other albums of the band. Tomb would probably make it into my top 5 of the band, but by no means is it a groundbreaking work.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
I'm in the minority but I really like A Skeletal Domain too.

I was blasting that one last night, yeah it rules.

The fact that it contains the two most popular CC tracks (Hammer, I Cum Blood) makes people place it above other albums of the band.

Yeah that's why, couldn't be anything else. :rolleyes:

Tomb would probably make it into my top 5 of the band, but by no means is it a groundbreaking work.

tumblr_mzez2bxoSr1qdl718o1_500.gif

Last edited:
Yep. Not often will I go on about an album's production, but the sound on Tomb really brought the band's music to life. So crisp and crunchy.

Reactions: CiG
Tomb contains one of the sickest death metal vocal performances of all time, and guitar tone makes me cum buckets. I can't imagine thinking that Tomb wasn't groundbreaking in 1992, the only full lengths that came out that year that were even REMOTELY as overtly brutal as TotM was Baphomet's "The Dead Shall Inherit", or MAYBE Paralysis's "Patrons of the Dark". Nothing else at that time was even close to approaching that level of guttural sickness, at least when considering full lengths. There was a ton of great shit that came out in '92, but stylistically, Tomb was unmatched.

Reactions: CiG and jimmy101
I find Legion to be far more rhythmically violent, vicious and bludgeoning than Tomb of the Mutilated. Easily. Obviously doesn’t have the gore factor, but musically? Not even close. There’s also Miasma’s Changes from that year which is more brutal than Tomb in its sickest moments. And the vocals on Changes absolutely destroy Barnes.

BAAAAPPHHHOOMMEEEEEEEEEET!

I find Legion to be far more rhythmically violent, vicious and bludgeoning than Tomb of the Mutilated. Easily. Obviously doesn’t have the gore factor, but musically? Not even close.

I love early Deicide but fuck no, I totally disagree with this with every fiber of my being. :lol:

It's so thin compared to Tomb of the Mutilated because the bass is much less audible and Benton's incessant use of vocal effects totally robs it of its brutality. Tomb... pummels Legion into oblivion.

But this is somewhat redundant because you don't even like Cannibal Corpse to begin with.

I like The Bleeding better, although here the vocals are incomparably weaker than on Tomb.
Yeah, Bleeding is a slight step up in the musicianship department. The band were exploding with ideas at that point.

Honestly, I agree that Benton’s vocals are at times over the top on that record which on occasion does detract from it. But musically, Legion is sheer sonic violence and relentless. I don’t get that from Tomb.

But yeah I’ve never been a fan of the Corpse, not that I hate them. I just find them redundant. I tried giving The Wretched Spawn a listen since people have been praising it in this thread and it does absolutely nothing for me and the vocals are crap.

But musically, Legion is sheer sonic violence and relentless. I don’t get that from Tomb.

There's no point continuing if you can say this with a straight face haha. Even if you think Legion is more sonically violent and relentless than Tomb... how can you think Tomb... isn't sonically violent and relentless in its own right?

Seems like you have an irrational bias against Cannibal Corpse or some weird shit.

And yeah that Miasma album is brutal as fuck, good shit.

Hahaha I came THIS fucking close to naming Changes as well! But yeah, you're wrong. I feel like you don't really enjoy Brutal Death as a whole, which is the entire driving force behind what I'm trying to say here. Tomb was the closest to a pure, brutal death metal full length that 1992 produced.

Also, fuck The Bleeding. Only Cannibal Corpse album I actively dislike.