Best Cannibal Corpse album?

I don’t think that’s true at all. He’s already spoken multiple times about him being pretty much indifferent to Deicide and outright said numerous times he prefers Cannibal Corpse overall. But we are talking about one aspect of the music - brutality, savagery, violence, etc.
Legion obliterates Tomb if you put them side by side and compare 'em on sheer aggression, savagery and yes even the subgenre they went to influence with their imagery and track titles, BRUTALITY. To say otherwise is just incorrect.

And all I asked was "what other qualities does Tomb... have to earn it a same rating as an album he thinks is a shitload more savage? Shouldn't be hard to answer.

Edit: Scratch that, it OBLITERATES Tomb...

Yes but you said "groundbreaking" and that's what this has all become about. The 4th Crusade is basically the album where Bolt Thrower mastered the Bolt Thrower sound whereas the previous albums (less so War Master...) they were still refining the formula. You seem to be confusing "groundbreaking" with a statement of quality. Majority of my favourite albums aren't groundbreaking, my favourite Cannibal Corpse albums aren't even the groundbreaking ones.

Okay, neither The IVth Crusade nor Tomb of the Mutilated are groundbreaking releases in my eyes. But TRitSiO, Last One on Earth, and Slumber of Sullen Eyes definitely are.

How is Last One on Earth groundbreaking? I agree about the others.

Nothing about It isn’t standard fare for death metal in 1992. Not its gory lyrics, not its rythms, not anything.

Any examples?

And, you won’t like this response, but they have always just sounded by the numbers death metal to me. And maybe that’s not fair, but it’s an opinion I have had and maintained since when I first got into death metal. I don’t hate them and I don’t even dislike them to any huge degree.

When did you get into death metal?

I just cherish that album. It's definitely my favourite from Asphyx. It has three impeccable tracks (M.S. Bismarck, the title track, and Asphyx (Forgotten War), but the others decidedly can't be labelled as lackluster. Add to those incredible vocals that carry this album through on their own.

The Hoffman brothers are killer guitarist and riffmasters, just as Alex Webster is a "bassmaster":lol: but i absolutely despise Bentons vocals on their earlier albums, one of the few times that they almost ruined an album(or two in this case)for me. Plus they couldn't write songs for shit. That has nothing to do with their music sounding more aggressive, savage or brutal. If that was the case Megadeth, Testament, Atheist, Gorguts, Death etc wouldn't be some of my favorite bands and id just be listening to stupid knuckle dagger brootal death metal. And tbh im still scratching my head on why you need me to fucking spoon feed shit like this to you. "YOU SAID ONE IS MORE SAVAGE BUT YET THEY'RE RATINGS ARE THE SAMEEEEE???" :lol:

Your reading comprehension is astoundingly bad at times.

I was simply trying to find out why Legion and Tomb... have identical ratings even though you're currently shitting all over one and not the other. I'm not suggesting brutality should be or is your sole deciding factor in rating the music you listen to, you sociopath.

Anyway I'll wait for examples of contemporary bands doing music similar to and better than what CC did on Tomb of the Mutilated.

Miasma are brutal as fuck with a crushing production and guttural vocals but musically they were very different.

Your reading comprehension is astoundingly bad at times.

I was simply trying to find out why Legion and Tomb... have identical ratings even though you're currently shitting all over one and not the other.

Also, on RYM, you gave Tomb... and Legion a 3/5 rating. It's "tame as fuck in comparison" though.

the fact that you would need someone to explains this just proves my point, that you're a softheaded boongabooga. No wonder you think a completely middle of the road death metal album like Tomb of the Mutilated is groundbreaking :lol:

The fact that you think that's an own proves you're a faggot with no rebuttals or an ability to back up your opinions with anything other than appeals to popularity fallacies and insults. Acting as if the truth of one's own opinion is simply a given is definitely a good quality in a human.

.... whatever you say man, whateeever you say. And lol @ trash like you talking about the "good human qualities". Shouldn't you be shitting on someone who just died earlier today or making fun of genocide or something? Your half-ape parents sure raised you right.

Warhawks are lower than the foam that builds up on the corners of your mouth when you're sperging out in the GMD. All decent people should mock them when they die off, like the cancer they are.

Furthermore, unlike chickenhawks who send people off to die in wars but never served themselves, warhawks like #ShitstainMcCain loved to send people off to die in wars knowing full-well the horror they would experience because they served themselves.

Zero sympathy, fuck your moralfagging.

I really don't give a shit if you mock aboriginals, I think it's funny 99% of the time anyway. I already addressed this in the past, I'm not a racial collectivist and I don't get offended by mocking a history I'm racially attached to or anything like that.

But only one of my parents is half-ape bruh, my dad is a limey 1st generation immigrant.

I really don't give a shit if you mock aboriginals, I think it's funny 99% of the time anyway. I already addressed this in the past, I'm not a racial collectivist and I don't get offended by mocking a history I'm racially attached to or anything like that.

But only one of my parents is half-ape bruh, my dad is a limey 1st generation immigrant.
yea i was totally trying to hurt you. That's what i was doing. :lol:

Thanks for the explanation though, lol.