Best Cannibal Corpse album?

Suffocation musically gave far more to the actual "invention" of brutal death than Cannibal Corpse ever did. Like i said, their influence is mainly all aesthetics+lyrics. Musically they were just elementary death metal at its finest. Watered down version of what everyone else was doing at the time. They have even admitted this themselves in that one decibel interview i mentioned last time, but yea i guess they dont know what they're talking about either.

They're one of the most consistent death metal bands of all time though, that's without a doubt.

1000% disagree but whatever we've had this debate a billion times, no point recycling the same points over and over. Agree to disagree.

yea pretty much

74d37a108fe4194de1b5e8032bfc5acc.gif

Reactions: CiG
They both feature natural vocals, it's just that he overlaps his vocals way too much. He does this on Legion also. That's fine as a gimmick once in awhile but every fucking song he records 2 or 3 versions of a vocal line and overlaps them.
What I meant is that Burns pitch shifted some vocals on the debut, but not on Legion.

They didnt invent shit. Their style of watered down/elementary old school death metal was indeed very influential when it came to lyrics and aesthetics, but that's about it.
Suffocation musically gave far more to the actual "invention" of brutal death than Cannibal Corpse ever did. Like i said, their influence is mainly all aesthetics+lyrics. Musically they were just elementary death metal at its finest. Watered down version of what everyone else was doing at the time. They have even admitted this themselves in that one decibel interview i mentioned last time, but yea i guess they dont know what they're talking about either.

They're one of the most consistent death metal bands of all time though, that's without a doubt.
How many bands were sounding like that in fucking 1991?

Cannibal Corpse is as responsible for brutal death metal as Suffo, if not more.

How many bands were sounding like that in fucking 1991?

Cannibal Corpse is as responsible for brutal death metal as Suffo, if not more.
did you miss the part where i said they were basically playing a watered down version of what just about everyone was doing at the time? They themselves have said they didn't have the skill or talent at the time to do what the other guys where doing, even though they were trying. You can argue all you want, but the fact that the band has literally said everything i have said is more than enough for me.

Suffocation actually contributed to the creation of the sub-genre with their music and some of the key staples of the actual genre of BDM today can be traced directly back to them. Cannibal Corpse did not innovate anything(outside of their lyrical themes+aesthetics) as far as music goes. They were nothign more than elementary death metal played by guys who just were not skilled enough to do what others were doing at the time.

EDIT:
how old are you? Im honestly curious because most people who think CC are some kind groundbreaking band were almost surely not listening to them back in the early to mid 90's. That's pretty much what ive picked up throughout my years. I've never met anyone my age who thinks of them as anything special(let alone fucking groundbreaking). But all these youngsters in the internet era think they're the "inventors" of brutal death metal or something. It's rather hilarious tbh

edit #2: damn, i sound like a broken record.

Last edited:
did you miss the part where i said they were basically playing a watered down version of what just about everyone was doing at the time? They themselves have said they didn't have the skill or talent at the time to do what the other guys where doing, even though they were trying. You can argue all you want, but the fact that the band has literally said everything i have said is more than enough for me.

Suffocation actually contributed to the creation of the sub-genre with their music and some of the key staples of the actual genre of BDM today can be traced directly back to them. Cannibal Corpse did not innovate anything(outside of their lyrical themes+aesthetics) as far as music goes. They were nothign more than elementary death metal played by guys who just were not skilled enough to do what others were doing at the time.

EDIT:
how old are you? Im honestly curious because most people who think CC are some kind groundbreaking band were almost surely not listening to them back in the early to mid 90's. That's pretty much what ive picked up throughout my years. I've never met anyone my age who thinks of them as anything special(let alone fucking groundbreaking). But all these youngsters in the internet era think they're the "inventors" of brutal death metal or something. It's rather hilarious tbh

edit #2: damn, i sound like a broken record.

You didn't answer the question. I don't care about what the band said, the fact is that very few bands were playing that kind of death metal. In grindcore you could have found something similar in intensity, but totally different in nature.

If I had to compare CC with the other bands, there's not really much similarity. Compare Butchered with Altars, Severed Survival, Leprosy/Human, Cause of Death, Deicide's S/T... all of them are quite different to each other.

About the age? I was already into death metal on late 80's. I heard heavy and thrash on mid 80's already. When black metal appeared (in m case, Worship Him in 91'), I ditched thrash altogether and kept listening more death and black metal up to this day.