Votes: 6 11.5%

• Total voters

Tirandil

Dragon Child
Oct 8, 2002
Belgium
Visit site
Greetings

Which is your favorite CD? I actually prefer the latest N'Sync CD. Ofcourse, it's easier to put emotion into a pop song, than into grunts etc. But the producing, lyrics and grief which you can hear on the new N'Sync CD... pretty undeniable that this is a work of art. Certainly, it may not have a place on these metal boards, but I own all the Dark Tranquillity and In Flames albums, and N'Sync is practically the only pop band I listen to, but they really are closer to In Flames and Dark Tranquillity than you all think. I know that most of the members here are metalheads, but just release yourself from that tough metal attitude, put on an N'Sync CD without any prejudice clouding your mind, and flow with the gayness that is N'Sync. You'll love it.

Sorry to disturb you all, just felt like saying that... Ofcourse, for those who still believe this, I do not mean what I stated above, you may stop worrying about the end of the world now ;) :lol:

My pick would be the new Blind Guardian CD: A Night at the Opera, though they're all works of art... especially N'Sync's! :D

*cough*... really no one voting for N'Sync? Come on, the guys at the N'Sync forum sometimes vote for Dark Tranquillity too, no kidding. Give them a break :p

I'm almost tempted to vote for A Night at the Opera, just because I really like it and I know everyone is going to vote for DD. But, I can't really do that, because I still like DD better.

My apoligies for the spam, just wanted to see the reactions ;)

Anyway, I haven't heard the complete Damage Done album, which is a shame, I know, so I can't really judge, but I hardly think I'd like it better than A Night at The Opera.
I'm surprised that many people here even like Blind Guardian, since it's almost the total opposite of Dark Tranquillity. Seems like I misjudged the lot of you, thought most people here weren't really into powermetal stuff like BG.

And maybe this poll is a little unfair, since A Night at The Opera is something totally different from Damage Done, so it's hard to compare perhaps, but I was just wondering. Anyway, I'll have Damage Done soon, and listen to the complete album, and I'll try to see which I like best. The only CD's which have come close to nr.1 (Night at the Opera) on my top 10 are Reroute to Remain, Awaking the Centuries (Haggard) and Beyond the Veil (Tristania), but imo A Night at the Opera still owns :D

@tirandil: i liked bg a lot better before anato. :(
but yes, ppl here do listen to power metal, although maybe it's not on their favourites list. i for once try to keep informed about new releases but it's been ages since i bought a new power metal cd. come to think of it, i guess my latest was anato.

rahvin.

I voted for N'Sync because they were tied with In Flames and I didn't want to disappoint storken.
On a more serious note, A Night at the Opera was somewhat of a letdown after three great studio albums in a row.

Yeah, I can't stand bands like Manowar etc. But I do love Blind Guardian, they put lots of intelligence and emotion into their songs without making them (too) cheesy.