best/cheapest way to record?

GURU/JEFF

Ok the card doesnt have a break box or whatever the hell its called. So how would i connect anything to it? Im thinking a small mixer as i can connect via the rca inputs. But those pres you stated jeff, i dont see how i would connect them?

That 410 is a good box, it should be able to handle your stuff well.

Carvedones, the two RCA inputs are just mono plugs that will need, at most, a $3 adapter. I build with an XLR output and an RCA output, and the Tube MP preamps come with an XLR output and a TRS output so the only thing needed is an RCA->1/4" adapter. My chain from amp/voice/whatever forward is source->mic->XLR->pre->RCA to 1/4" adapter->2496 - you could also just put together your own cable (would strongly recommend that over buying them from the store) and have one end be XLR and the other RCA.

Jeff

That 410 is a good box, it should be able to handle your stuff well.

Carvedones, the two RCA inputs are just mono plugs that will need, at most, a $3 adapter. I build with an XLR output and an RCA output, and the Tube MP preamps come with an XLR output and a TRS output so the only thing needed is an RCA->1/4" adapter. My chain from amp/voice/whatever forward is source->mic->XLR->pre->RCA to 1/4" adapter->2496 - you could also just put together your own cable (would strongly recommend that over buying them from the store) and have one end be XLR and the other RCA.

Jeff

+1 ... thats precisley it. The only differnce in my setup is i run a mixer first Then come XLR out of the mixer into my PC.

Now if i could just get vista to work with sonar :(....lol

Hate my laptop :( Not enough processing power for full on recording. Great for demos though.

Well i got my card installed. My 57 mic has arrived, now i just need to get a mic pre and some adaptor/plugs. I also have a digitech genesis on its way (should get it tomorrow) that i got cheap. So i will demo using that and when i get everything worked out (like micing tech and recording tech) i will record using my amp. By the way i use a crate blue voodoo (i like it).

Personally i like the BV 60 and trhe BV 50 great sounding amps.

Actually i jus tpicked up a new tube amp myself. A Peavey Valve King. God damn thing sounds Phenominal and it was only $500 ... Im totally blown away by this thing, It sounds like the Ultra channel on the JSX !!!

Gonna swap out the speaker in it for a V30 next week and see how much better it gets. Ill post some clips once i get the V30 in it

Personally i like the BV 60 and trhe BV 50 great sounding amps.

Actually i jus tpicked up a new tube amp myself. A Peavey Valve King. God damn thing sounds Phenominal and it was only $500 ... Im totally blown away by this thing, It sounds like the Ultra channel on the JSX !!!

Gonna swap out the speaker in it for a V30 next week and see how much better it gets. Ill post some clips once i get the V30 in it

Damn Guru,

So you're back to playing again? That's good man!

O shit i thought i told you guys already ... ha ha ha

Well doc says no more playing, unless i do something about this.....

So im opting for surgery, anyway ...

I decided before the surgery im going to finish my CD, just incase things go south. So the past few weeks i been out buying all new gear like mad in preparation for the recording of everything.

Just picked up a variety of new mics.
Sennheiser 421
Audix i5 (my 3rd)
Sure Sm-57
Sure Beta 57 and a Beta 58

Guitarcenter has a used firepod i put on hold and im picking up next friday for $319, Got a marshall 1960b on hold (may still pass on this), Fender 5 string precision

I just finished up this website ui make a few grand on so im going gear crazy to record this cd. I should get started the 2nd week of august. Im going to bust my ass to finish it before semptember. Its 7 songs.

Actually, Im looking for a drummer to lay the tracks down so i dont have to re-program everything, and Im also looking for a good vocalist if anyone interested.