Best Danzig Tracks?

revolution_9

New Metal Member
Mar 26, 2013
Hello everyone. I recently came across all of Danzig's albums super cheap and really dug most of what I've heard. I want to make one CD-R compilation of his best stuff as chosen by real metal fans, but have no idea where to begin. Any ideas for a tracklist? I'm mainly interested in pre-2000s stuff. Thanks people.

Yeah, "Mother" and "Thirteen" are really the only Danzig tracks I'm super familiar with, but I'm totally unaware of most of the stuff. Was kind of looking for a list of ten to twelve tracks or something of essentials thta weren't necessarily big hits or anything. Thanks though! :)

Odd that there's never been a "Best of Danzig" compilation.
I'd definitely include these:
Long Way Back From Hell
Tired of Being Alive
Her Black Wings
How the Gods Kill
Dirty Black Summer
Going Down to Die
Until You Call on the Dark

Also should add:
Snakes of Christ
Killer Wolf

I'm sure I'm forgetting some songs from the debut album. It's been so long since I've listened to that one...

I'm more favorable to How the Gods Kill and IV. I do like Deth Red Sabaoth. I will admit I do enjoy just about all of his releases with the exception of Blackacidevil.

Odd that there's never been a "Best of Danzig" compilation.
I'd definitely include these:
Long Way Back From Hell
Tired of Being Alive
Her Black Wings
How the Gods Kill
Dirty Black Summer
Going Down to Die
Until You Call on the Dark

there was a 2 cd ESSENTIAL DANZIG due out in late 2011 i think but nothing ever came out it. i think the listing is still up on amazon but no cover shot or tracklisting or release date

I don't have a favorite song but I favor all songs with Chuck Biscuits on the kit.

I'll throw out a couple, but I really only listen to his first four records. And as far as I'm concerned, you could throw the entirety of How the Gods Kill on your playlist, but here are a few I don't think anyone is mentioned yet:

Heart of the Devil
When the Dying Calls
Going Down to Die
Bringer of Death