Best day of MY LIFE

asphyXy

Clad in Shadows
Sep 3, 2002
Under a Funeral Moon
asphyxy.net
Today was easily the best day of my life. After all of the shitty bands I didn't care about left and Hypocrisy took the stage, it was like a neverending orgasm. Hypocrisy's set was amazing, but that's not what I'm hear to talk about.

CHILDREN OF FUCKING BODOM!

As soon as I see Alexi walk into the building, myself and everyone around me erupts into cheers. Janne walks out to set up his keyboard, and the crowd goes nuts. The lights go out... NEEDLED 24/7. The crowd knew all of the lyrics. Hopefully it sends Alexi a message: You have dedicated fans in the US, too. I screamed along with every lyric of every song. For me to explain each song would be pointless, because the awesomeness displayed by the band during each song was beyond infinite. The setlist:

Needled 24/7
Hate Me!
Chokehold (Cocked 'N Loaded)
Silent Night, Bodom Night
Everytime I Die
Downfall

After hearing it live, Everytime I Die is officially the heaviest song ever. The performance of Downfall is easily the best song I've ever heard anyone play, and I saw Maiden play Hallowed be thy Name.

Yeah, so the performance was godly. As soon as they left the stage, I went on an Alexi-hunt. I brought the album covers to my Children of Bodom CDs and intended to get them signed. I went out to the second-stage area, and behold...

Gene Hoglan and Devin Townsend are standing around talking to an old guy. HOLY SHIT. Best drummer ever and an awesome singer just standing there. Not many people recognized them because there were a lot of nu-metal kids at the second stage. I walked up to Gene and Devin, shook their hands, and got a photo with them. Playing on the second-stage at this time is Symphony X. They played at the same time as Bodom, so I caught the end of the last song. Amazing nonetheless.

I go back to the main stage area, and Nevermore are playing. With all of the nu-metalish bands done, a huge mosh pit started, and people were actually moshing now. During other bands' performances [Black Dahlia Murder], there were idiots dancing like, well, idiots. I gave my camera to my partner in crime and immediately dove into the pit. Great performance by the Nevermore guys. Really heavy. I notice the lead singer of Novembers Doom sitting in the crowd watching the show, so I go over and get a picture taken with him. Cool guy.

We decide to go outside to look for Alexi, hoping he didn't leave yet. I notice a long line of buses, so we start looking in the windows. It was a hard task because most of the windows were tinted. But...

I looked into the window on the door of one bus, and I see Janne sitting there watching TV. I wasn't completely sure if it was him, but I didn't care. I ran up to the bus and banged on the door. Janne turns around, and now I was sure it was him. He gets up and opens the door.

Janne: "Hello there."

Me: "I am your biggest fan."

Janne: "Oh really?"

[Alexi walks out and walks down the steps of the bus.]

Me and Jeff: "HOLY SHIT!"

[A reporter guy follows Alexi out.]

Reporter guy [to Janne and Alexi]: "They want the interview now."

Me: [as they start to walk away] "Alexi, you are god. Holy shit."

[Alexi turns around and laughs.]

Alexi: "How did you like the show?"

Me: "It was better than sex."

[They all laugh.]

Alexi: "I never heard that one before."

Blah blah blah.. We talk about the show dates in NY. I get my album covers signed, and Alexi poses for a picture with me. Alexi then SHAKES MY HAND before he leaves for the interview. Completely down to earth guys.

Surprising note: Alexi doesn't have a European accent at all. The important fact of the day: I currently have some of Alexi Laiho's skin cells on my hand.

PS: When the pics get developed, I have a lot of shots of Alexi live [and some of Peter of Hypocrisy].

You bastard!
You had Symphony X on top of all that goodness?!
asphyXy said:
Completely down to earth guys.
Very true, they're fucking cool.

After talking to him for a bit, I realized I didn't have a pen or marker for Alexi to sign my HCD booklet; he had to go back in the venue for something. Later on when he was done he came up to me and asked if I had found or gotten a pen yet

MagSec4 said:
You bastard!
You had Symphony X on top of all that goodness?!
Very true, they're fucking cool.

After talking to him for a bit, I realized I didn't have a pen or marker for Alexi to sign my HCD booklet; he had to go back in the venue for something. Later on when he was done he came up to me and asked if I had found or gotten a pen yet

WOW THAT IS AWESOME OF HIM.

Im tottaly bringing a pen and a sharpie.

Yeah, the guys are amazing! great to hear that you fans in the US are even as crazy as here in europe and in japan!!!!!!! I guess bodom will LOVE you guys! :) can't wait to see them in june at bang your head.. fucking long time til that! but it's worth waiting for- every second! These guys are unbelievable....

Bodom and SYL members at the same place ?!

Mwouhahahaah ! My two favourite bands :')
This is not the place but did SYL played anything ? And if so what did they play if you know it ?

Cuz' I've read they're actually working on 4 new tracks and 4 covers or something like that...

asphyXy said:
Today was easily the best day of my life. After all of the shitty bands I didn't care about left and Hypocrisy took the stage, it was like a neverending orgasm. Hypocrisy's set was amazing, but that's not what I'm hear to talk about.

CHILDREN OF FUCKING BODOM!

As soon as I see Alexi walk into the building, myself and everyone around me erupts into cheers. Janne walks out to set up his keyboard, and the crowd goes nuts. The lights go out... NEEDLED 24/7. The crowd knew all of the lyrics. Hopefully it sends Alexi a message: You have dedicated fans in the US, too. I screamed along with every lyric of every song. For me to explain each song would be pointless, because the awesomeness displayed by the band during each song was beyond infinite. The setlist:

Needled 24/7
Hate Me!
Chokehold (Cocked 'N Loaded)
Silent Night, Bodom Night
Everytime I Die
Downfall

After hearing it live, Everytime I Die is officially the heaviest song ever. The performance of Downfall is easily the best song I've ever heard anyone play, and I saw Maiden play Hallowed be thy Name.

Yeah, so the performance was godly. As soon as they left the stage, I went on an Alexi-hunt. I brought the album covers to my Children of Bodom CDs and intended to get them signed. I went out to the second-stage area, and behold...

Gene Hoglan and Devin Townsend are standing around talking to an old guy. HOLY SHIT. Best drummer ever and an awesome singer just standing there. Not many people recognized them because there were a lot of nu-metal kids at the second stage. I walked up to Gene and Devin, shook their hands, and got a photo with them. Playing on the second-stage at this time is Symphony X. They played at the same time as Bodom, so I caught the end of the last song. Amazing nonetheless.

I go back to the main stage area, and Nevermore are playing. With all of the nu-metalish bands done, a huge mosh pit started, and people were actually moshing now. During other bands' performances [Black Dahlia Murder], there were idiots dancing like, well, idiots. I gave my camera to my partner in crime and immediately dove into the pit. Great performance by the Nevermore guys. Really heavy. I notice the lead singer of Novembers Doom sitting in the crowd watching the show, so I go over and get a picture taken with him. Cool guy.

We decide to go outside to look for Alexi, hoping he didn't leave yet. I notice a long line of buses, so we start looking in the windows. It was a hard task because most of the windows were tinted. But...

I looked into the window on the door of one bus, and I see Janne sitting there watching TV. I wasn't completely sure if it was him, but I didn't care. I ran up to the bus and banged on the door. Janne turns around, and now I was sure it was him. He gets up and opens the door.

Janne: "Hello there."

Me: "I am your biggest fan."

Janne: "Oh really?"

[Alexi walks out and walks down the steps of the bus.]

Me and Jeff: "HOLY SHIT!"

[A reporter guy follows Alexi out.]

Reporter guy [to Janne and Alexi]: "They want the interview now."

Me: [as they start to walk away] "Alexi, you are god. Holy shit."

[Alexi turns around and laughs.]

Alexi: "How did you like the show?"

Me: "It was better than sex."

[They all laugh.]

Alexi: "I never heard that one before."

Blah blah blah.. We talk about the show dates in NY. I get my album covers signed, and Alexi poses for a picture with me. Alexi then SHAKES MY HAND before he leaves for the interview. Completely down to earth guys.

Surprising note: Alexi doesn't have a European accent at all. The important fact of the day: I currently have some of Alexi Laiho's skin cells on my hand.

PS: When the pics get developed, I have a lot of shots of Alexi live [and some of Peter of Hypocrisy].
funny.

Nevermore roxxx.... :headbang:

btw... Saying "you're god" to Alexi? Hmm. It's serious...