My FIRST CoB GIG!!!!

_Zsuzsa_

Dumbo
Sep 15, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Forgive me guys for spamming this forum with this thread, but I just HAVE TO tell you how was my VERY FIRST Children of Bodom gig!!
It was on the 5th of june, so only 2 days ago and the memories are very fresh for me :)
Fortunately we arrived in time for Bodom, and I made my way into the first row! Just before Alexi :D I knew it'll be difficult and painful for me to stay there, but I didnt care, I had to be in front and see everything :D
Omg, that VIBRATING AIR, when we first took a glance of Janne! And then suddenly all of them appeared and started with Needled 24/7. I've never seen such a big :hotjump: and :headbang: before! The crowd went totally crazy for them, including me :D Henkka has some new rasta hairstyle now, but he still looks very kewl of course :) Alexi spitted very much throughout the concert hehe, winked at me and threw plectrums to the audience. They played all of HCDR except Triple Corpse Hammerblow and Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood and the only dissapointing moment was when they ruined Bodom Beach Terror :erk: Somehow Alexi coulnd't find his way back to the verse and the whole song became fucked up :erk: Ah well, it was a very little mistake due to their whole gig, and a gigantic experience for me. In the end Alexi came to us in the first row to shake hands and he saw that mine can' reach him and he came closer to be able to shake hands with me!! :D

After this the signing session started and when I get to them I talked to Alexi about how I appreciated that they dedicated Everytime I Die to Somnium and I took a photo with him! :D Oh, and a finnish friend of mine insisted on giving Janne a letter he wrote (Sami, I kill you for that :p ) and I did heh. It was some kind of gay joke in finnish but after all, when I could talk to Janne later, he said it was funny heh. Oh, and of course I took photo with him too ;)
Later I'll post all the pix! It was an amazing night I'll never forget, see ya Bodom guys in Tuska!!! Rock on!!! :headbang:

oh great!!!!! I am happy for you, Zsuzsa. seems you had really really nice evening there...congrats!
I am just a little jalous...thank god I was on COB few weeks ago...in other way I would die if I would read this review with no COB for me :)
anyway...seems it was the same setlist as in other Europe places...that's good...
and btw...just remember that we are expecting your photo with them...that's sure!!! :headbang:

rock on and thx for sharing your feelings with us, Zsuzsa!! It reminds me for my evening there with them....oh... :headbang:

Thx everyone!!! I hope I can post the pix in 3 weeks (no sooner unfortunately :erk: )

If I remember the setlist was (not in order): Needled 24/7, Sixpounder, Silent Night Bodom Night, Everytime I Die, Hate Me, Chokehold, Lake Bodom, Bodom Beach Terror, Towards Dead End, Angel's Don't Kill, You're Better Off Dead, Hate Crew Deathroll (and I'm sure I left out a few)

this is the last setlist I know (16/05/2003):

1. Needled 24/7
2. Hate Me!
3. Chokehold
4. Silent Night, Bodom Night
5. Lake Bodom
6. You're Better Off Dead!
7. Bodom After Midnight
8. Sixpounder
9. Angels Don't Kill
10. Towards Dead End
11. Kissing The Shadows
12. drum solo
13. Bodom Beach Terror
14, Everytime I Die
15. Hate Crew Deathroll
16. Downfall

Can you confirm all those songs there?

thanks ;)

I'm gonna see CoB next friday (friday the 13th... :D ) and I'm expecting it like crazy... :headbang:
Also gonna see In Flames for the first time... :D