Best Death Metal Amp for live sound?

Aug 6, 2006
I am been home recording now for a bit over a year and I have been using my V-Amp Pro. I am now looking to play some live gigs and start jamming and was wondering if I could get some advice as to what amp would be the best for playing Death Metal live? Anthing from $1000 and under.

Could I use my V-Amp Pro live? I have a Marshall MG Series 250DFX that I use to practice with in my apartment. Could I run the V-Amp Pro through the Marshall MG Series 250DFX for live and practice with a band?

Any info would be great!!!

Peter

I am been home recording now for a bit over a year and I have been using my V-Amp Pro. I am now looking to play some live gigs and start jamming and was wondering if I could get some advice as to what amp would be the best for playing Death Metal live? Anthing from $1000 and under.

Could I use my V-Amp Pro live? I have a Marshall MG Series 250DFX that I use to practice with in my apartment. Could I run the V-Amp Pro through the Marshall MG Series 250DFX for live and practice with a band?

Any info would be great!!!

Peter
for under $1000 i'd say a peavey 5150, hands down. I can't think of anything in that price range that would be even close.
:kickass:

Yes, you can use the V-amp live. Just hook it up, and tell the monitor guy to crank it in a monitor. Or, plug it in you fx return on your amp, and remove the speaker sim.

The answer is yes anyway.

Yes, you can use the V-amp live. Just hook it up, and tell the monitor guy to crank it in a monitor. Or, plug it in you fx return on your amp, and remove the speaker sim.

The answer is yes anyway.

So I can just fun the V-Amp Pro through the FX return on my Marshall? Anymore info on this? What output would I use on the V-amp to go into the Marshall?

Peter

So I can just fun the V-Amp Pro through the FX return on my Marshall? Anymore info on this? What output would I use on the V-amp to go into the Marshall?

The line level outputs, just like any other effect. Just use the clean channel on the Marshall. I did it a while ago with a Valvestate, and it worked great. (Used a PODxt pro though) Some tweaking of the sound is always required, but hell, it's worth it ;)