Best Distortion Pedal???

DayByDayBand

Thrashin' With Pashin'
Feb 19, 2011
United States
What is the best distortion pedal for a solid state amp???? i know the TS is pretty top notch but is it for solid state??? thanx in advance :)

I don't think the pedals care what kind of power section the amp uses...Tube Screamer is just a name. More pertinent would be what amp it is and what tone you are going for. If you're going to solely use the pedal to derive your distortion you'll probably find the TS variants to not have enough gain for Metal. Something in the RAT family maybe? I liked the Skreddy Mayo for an evil fuzz.

Tubescreamer shouldn't really be thought of as a distortion pedal when it comes to metal, it's more for tightening the lows from your guitar before it hits the distortion on your amp.

None.

But seriously, I used to try out distortion pedals because I had no clue, back when I was just starting guitar. It only took like 6 years until I finally realized that amp distortion sounds much better. I had a guitarist in my old band that bought a Kustom 200 watt amp.....had me there to see what I thought about his choice in an amp, I told him "I wouldn't buy it", then he went and bought it anyway. 200 watts....unusable.....and he throws a fucking multi-FX processor in front of it for distortion. That's like fucking buying a car for the back seat!

None.

But seriously, I used to try out distortion pedals because I had no clue, back when I was just starting guitar. It only took like 6 years until I finally realized that amp distortion sounds much better. I had a guitarist in my old band that bought a Kustom 200 watt amp.....had me there to see what I thought about his choice in an amp, I told him "I wouldn't buy it", then he went and bought it anyway. 200 watts....unusable.....and he throws a fucking multi-FX processor in front of it for distortion. That's like fucking buying a car for the back seat!

True, but still... HM-2

ucEPi.jpg

ofzr6.jpg

ucEPi.jpg

True, but still... HM-2

ofzr6.jpg

once again, HM-2 ;-)

ucEPi.jpg

_c114397_image_0.JPG

Keeley Modded Metal Zone, it will change your world

if you alreadsy like the amps gain and just want to add a tiny bit more grit and tightne the lows, just get an over drive, Keeley, Maxon, IBANEZ tubescreamers

Hi, I just purchased a Dominator Guitar Pedals “Hellfire” Distortion. I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is the best distortion pedal on the planet. I love rock,hard rock, classic metal, modern metal and can attest that this pedal does it all. The problem is that they are limited runs as they are hand made, but well worth every penny. Below are some links to this beast of a pedal.

https://youtu.be/3XHmZqFzVxM

https://reverb.com/shop/dominatorpedals

Attachments

• 1E822AA0-C1D7-47E5-855B-A33305260BA9.jpeg
    1E822AA0-C1D7-47E5-855B-A33305260BA9.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1