DAMAGE CONTROL Solid Metal - Opinions

for the price of the pedal get a used peavey rockmaster man.
awesome tube distortion with all the gain you'll ever need.

Could You tell me something more about this distortion?
What kind of sound can it give?

Could You tell me something more about this distortion?
What kind of sound can it give?

I have a vh100r a fireball and some other preamps (see sig) and I fucking love the rockmaster... it can do serious metal due to the amount of gain in there. EQ is active and covers a lot of ground mid city, scoop land and everything in between.

has 3 channels and many fx loops. I bought one without trying one just for the clips I've heard in here and from reviews on Harmony-central. First, some reviews said it could only due hard rock. Not true, it can do death metal don't worry (eq and gain wise) second, when I got it, it sounded better then the clips I've heard so I'm happy as fuck.

peavey in a rack, all tube preamp - 4 12AX7 in there, no pedal with a tube bullshit.

try it and get one dude.

Hmm, between 3 channels, an active eq, and 4 12AX7's, it sounds incredibly close to being just the preamp from the Peavey Ultra series, which is certainly no bad thing...

Hmm, between 3 channels, an active eq, and 4 12AX7's, it sounds incredibly close to being just the preamp from the Peavey Ultra series, which is certainly no bad thing...

that's exactly what the rockmaster is actually, played one thru a mesa power amp one day and it sounded awesome! way better than the ultra + i used to own, which was a good sounding amp

FWIW dallas from nile uses two peavey rockmasters into marshall monoblock power amps, he's been using the rockmaster for years tho

@Metaltastic & Kazrog

but amp's boost channels are the overdrives.
ovedrive is not enough for me. i have to have something more. a distortion.
are there amps with distorted channels built in?

when you throw the word "distortion" out there, people often associate that with a cheap ratty sound...simply because just about every amp with a 'distortion' knob and most distortion pedals don't sound that good

overdrive, drive, gain, etc. are pretty much referring to what you're talking about...there are a lot of amps out there, both expensive and cheap, that can get a good sounding metal 'distortion' or whatever word you wanna use

you could try placing an overdrive before the crunch channel on the valve state, but marshall won`t have the low end crunch your going for. dual rec with an overdrive is the only way to go to REALLY get that sound.

yep... proud rectifier owner here :Smug:

i could sit around and play riffs through that thing, and sniff my own farts out of champagne glasses all day!

Damage Control is now owned/ distributed by Peavey so Ive been able to get my hands on the whole range. Ive tried the solid metal and the demonizer straight into the desk and into the clean channel on an amp to just use the distortion in the pedal and to be honest found them really disappointing.. If thats all youve got they will just about do the job but if you already own an amp then theres no point buying one of these.

I lent the whole set to a producer friend of mine and he agreed with what Ive said already. Funny thing is I send another full set to another producer mate whos known for crazy ideas and he loves them all but I doubt knowing him hes using them how you would expect to.

i short i thought it was cack and i work for them.

what do You think about

MESA BOOGIE V-TWIN PREAMP (rack 19")

does anybody know this preamp ?

i didn't think of this earlier, but if you're wanting a nice cheap amp that will get real heavy without a pedal...try to find an old crate gx series, or ampeg ss or vh series