Best amp for metal homme recording

Thanks guitarguru777.

Yeah, the standar speakers are 12". But I think these 2x10" speakers are not so bad for the bass frecuencies, because they are closed at the back. Anyway, I am agree with you that they are not the best speakers, but I have to manage with those at the moment. I have a SM7b for recording so I will do my own recording tests.

Since I have the HT-5 I have been playing with the mids at full power. Maybe there is no rules with this matter.

Thanks again and best regards.

Another suggestion is check out the new Peavey 5150 mkIII or the Bogner Uber. Both are brutal amp's. Plenty of chunk while still being very clean, not muddy. You can't go wrong with either choice. Sevendust used the 5150 mkIII's on their new album & they sound amazing. 1 listen to the opening track (Splinter) & you'll see what I mean. ;)

A: Read the first post. He's looking for a 5/15 watt head and not looking to spend more than €800-900.

B: Read the post before yours, where he said he's already bought an amp.

Jajaja, and I would add a C: "Quick Reply" window does not mean that it is necesary to reply quickly. Just a bad joke. Sorry!!!.

Anyway, I appreciate all your support very very much. Thanks friends.

I probably wouldn't live without my 100w Krank Rev 1, but I keep hearing amazing things about it's 20w junior little brother.
Definately check them out if you can.

As I said, currently there is no Krank dealer in Spain. I must try it if I go abroad. Thanks

Valvestate 8080!!! That takes me back. Not sure if you are comparing like for like here. The VS8080 from Marshal was an entry level practise amp from the early nineties and their first attempt at having a (poor quality) valve preamp with a solid state power amp so you really should be seeing massive differences in tone with any of the options listed so far.
I had an 8080 back in the day and I can honestly say that IMO it was terrible. fizzy and fuzzy.

I'm eyeing up a Blackstar for home recording. Damn they sound peachy.

Valvestate 8080!!! That takes me back. Not sure if you are comparing like for like here. The VS8080 from Marshal was an entry level practise amp from the early nineties and their first attempt at having a (poor quality) valve preamp with a solid state power amp so you really should be seeing massive differences in tone with any of the options listed so far.
I had an 8080 back in the day and I can honestly say that IMO it was terrible. fizzy and fuzzy.

I'm eyeing up a Blackstar for home recording. Damn they sound peachy.

Yeah, there are differences, but IMO Valvestate 8080 is not as bad as people use to think.

Check this video please:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuQLm93eZYo&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

how do you guys feel about the tiny terror? Im really considering getting one right now, I've got friends in a band that can get me anything Orange for 60% off. With a tubescreamer in front of it would a be able to get a good metal tone??? :erk:

The Tiny Terror will be a bit boxy for metal, but I really really dig them and it's ending up on half the rhythm tracks of my bands album. Granted that stuff is basically pop punk, but the tone is pretty damn heavy.

He's got the volume suuuper low on that thing, too - it starts to sound great once you get it past 5-6.

Would literally kill for that 60% discount, though :(.