Recommend me a small amp for recording

NeilOC

New Metal Member
Nov 26, 2009
Ireland
I've had it with amp sims and I need a good small amp for recording only. Something small that I can push hard without pissing off the neighbors?

Something small that I can push hard without pissing off the neighbors?

That's pretty vague. Maybe this?

audio_mp3vahvistin_iso.jpg

How about buying an amp head and using impulses? I'm not sure how exactly you can do this, but I've seen lots of people having amp heads without cabinets next to their workstations

those little blackstar ht-5 heads get a ferocious gain sound and are perfect for low level recording...

It is pretty damn loud though..
Keep in mind, to get 50% of the volume in a 100w amp, you have to go down to 10w(Not really that simple, but its usually the case.).

I jammed with a drummer using the Blackstar HT-5 combo! ;)
.. although we both could just barely hear me! :lol:

i am on the same boat to looking for something small to record was going to get the HARLEY BENTON G212 VINTAGE and use my engl e530 with it what yous think how would it sound?

i am on the same boat to looking for something small to record was going to get the HARLEY BENTON G212 VINTAGE and use my engl e530 with it what yous think how would it sound?

If you get the V30 version it should be pretty good!
But correct me if im wrong, but that ENGL is just a preamp, right?
So then you need a poweramp as well.

If you get the V30 version it should be pretty good!
But correct me if im wrong, but that ENGL is just a preamp, right?
So then you need a poweramp as well.

I'm pretty sure the e530 can drive a cabinet without a poweramp. I know others here have mentioned it before.

I'm pretty sure the e530 can drive a cabinet without a poweramp. I know others here have mentioned it before.

Googled a bit, and it seems it has a 2*1.5w solid state power amp!
So yeah.. it wont be loud, but for practice it will work out.
As for getting good recorded tones with a 1.5w solid state power amp, im a bit skeptical.. but hey, what are impulses for? ;)