Recommendations for Small Amp

schust

Oct 24, 2007
soundcloud.com
decided to gig around town with a local classic rock band (70s rock). need to pick up a small guitar amp that won't break the bank or my back! anybody impressed with anything these days?

The Peavey Classic 30 is a good amp, no doubt, but I'd rather have a Fender Blues Deluxe for 70's classic rock. The 40 watt 1x12 combo reissue is about the same price wise and sounds better, IMHO.

thanks guys.

how about any of these that seems to get some good reviews? anybody have any experiences with these?

peavey vypyr vip 3
any of the new smaller Oranges
Bugera V22 (<< looks interesting)
Line 6 Spider

thanks guys.

how about any of these that seems to get some good reviews? anybody have any experiences with these?

peavey vypyr vip 3
any of the new smaller Oranges
Bugera V22 (<< looks interesting)
Line 6 Spider
I'd stay away from those three amps. You get what you pay for.

By "smaller oranges" you mean the Tiny Terror and such? Those would be good for some dirty classic rock tones, IMO.

They're not that cheap, though.

Oh, yeah... you would have to get a couple of those, though. They're loud alright, but once you crank them, they're definitely not as nice as the all-tube terrors.

Do the newer Classic 30s have a closed back? I had one 16 years back that was open in back, so not ideal for metal tones imo.

That being said, with an Overdrive and an external cab, you can get in the metal territory with a C30