Small and usefull amp for live?

Curse9

Jun 10, 2008
Germany
does anyone of you guys know a small guitar amp for live action? I'm tired of carying my mesa boogie + 4x12 to small locations. Its totaly overpowered...
I need an amp which is small but with a cool metaltone what would you suggest to me?

^Don't they weigh more than the moon?

Why not go with the mini mesa? I've played one in the local shop a few times now, and thought it was absolutely killer with it's matching 1x12.

Do you need a clean channel switch or an effectsloop? If not, have you tried the jet city 20h? With gain on about 7 and a tubescreamer with full volume, it really surprised me how cool that thing sounds. Not ultra-sludge gainlevels, but anything below that goes.

The tubescreamer is an absolute must though, or it won't get the desired gainlevels.

Why not go with the mini mesa? I've played one in the local shop a few times now, and thought it was absolutely killer with it's matching 1x12.

OP, this guys speaks the truth. The mini Rectos are awesome, and weigh next to nothing for being guitar amps. And if you're playing with other bands which bring cabs, you can just bring the head, which is tiny(but sounds huge). It doesn't have the headroom of a dual or triple recto, but it's loud enough for most gigs. It also sounds great at lower volumes(has a 10W/25W power switch IIRC).