starting my amp collection

I second the Recto as your next amp, then getting a Marshall JMP/JCM 2204. Then get a couple boost pedal variants and you should be able to get any rock/metal tone in existence. To get even more variation without getting another amp, mix and match speakers in your guitar cab.

you dont really need more than your 5150 lol, but if you definitely want more amps, specially for metal get a Krank Rev 1 first, after that a ENGL Blackmore and a Soldano SLO 100, maybe even a Peavey JSX. I wouldn't need anything more after those amps because I only play metal too hahaha.

None of those amps suit death metal at all.

One of the Jet City heads will offer a very different sound for not much money.

Also +1 for a Dual Rec. I would not bother with a Triple Rec unless I got it really cheap and could flip it and make some profit, can't get rid of the fizz!!!

If you are primarily doing death metal, metalcore, etc. why do you need another amp? Even dudes with pretty elaborate amp collections will probably reach for the 5150/6505 with a boost 90% of the time I bet for that style.

Get good, and I mean really good at that one amp. Most bands you record that are pickier will bring their own anyway.

To round out a studio, I would get a Kemper or AxeFX. With Djent taking off and a lot of modern metal going that route, I would seriously consider one of those as your next "amp." Not to mention the workflow is stellar, no mic stands to droop or kick over, happy neighbors, etc. And you can work with multiple bands at a time on different days with a push of a button.

Now to round out a Reamping business, well then you better do your market research and the sky is the limit.

If you go ENGL, go with a Savage, Blackmore, or SE. They mic better and easier than the 'ball's. I would avoid Peavey till later. Mesa Dual Rec, Mark III, Mark V perhaps. Marshall, JVM or 800. Roland JC-120 (for cleans). Bogner Uberschall. Fryette Pitbull. EVH 5150III. At some point though honestly, things even out pretty quick.

It is like the stink on the cheese. Yeah there are differences that depending on the person ranges from subtle to drastic. But the fact is, it is still stinky ass cheese!

I owned all those amps you listed there. I could agree on that the XXX and the 5150 sounds a bit the same but the triple X is tighter and is a bit more scoped but the voicing is pretty much the same.

But saying a Dual Rectifier and a 5150 sounds the same, well that just shows off how littleyou know.

Wtf I totally disagree with this I own them both and hate how bad the XXX sounds, unless your talking about the new one which I've never heard...