Sweet amp trade!

Aaron Smith

Envisage Audio
Feb 10, 2006
Seattle, WA
So a friend of mine has one of the old Mesa two-channel Dual Rectifiers, an amp which I had always heard great things about but had never before played through, until a few days ago. Needless to say, I was very impressed. He also played through my blockletter 5150, and liked it so much that he wanted to trade amps, straight across and call it fair! Now, of course I don't want to part with my 5150, as it sounds great and tends to be an important part of my recording arsenal...so I just bought another 5150 from eBay for $750 shipped, which I am trading for the Mesa.

Sweet deal! :headbang:

Well done.

I want either a 2-channel recto or 5150 to mix with my Rev. Have you got some decent results blending your 5150 and Rev, assuming that you still have the Rev?

Oz prices are insane. 5150 is $2500 (with the matching cab), and 2-channel recto is $2500 on Oz ebay at the moment.

Cool deal.

I have an older two channel Dual Rectifier and both guitarist in my friends group have 5150s. When we record the amps separately aren't mind blowing, but boy do they compliment each other well.

I'd like to add a 5150 to my amp rack to mix with the Dual in the future for sure.