trade engl pro for mesa oversized?

Honestly, this thread of Lasse's illustrates the Mesa's superiority IMO even better, cuz I wasn't that fond of the Mesa tone he got in the most recent

The Mesa sounds scooped and has some nasty fizz. (actually it probably has the same amount as the engl the fizz is just more pronounced on the mesa due to less mids so you hear more the low/hi end)

The ENGL will cut better and requires less post processing.

Now I know most of you think the ENGL needs it's 'boxyness' :lol:adjusted but when I record my 5150 (haven't recorded the 2ch mesa that much yet) if there is any EQ I do it's usuall a wide boost @ 1.6Khz... :erk:

Hahaha....ahh well... we all have different tastes.

Huh? I'm not getting rid of the ENGL PRO...I know it sounds better...

I'll get the Mesa OS make some clips showing the ENGL pwnin' then sell the OS back to GuitarHack. :lol::lol:

I was actually adressing the topic starter, but nice to hear that at least someone shares my preference :)

Fuck the differences, they're obviously both good cabs.

I say the dude should swap for the Mesa cab just to make the European markup.

update: I`m gonna get the mesa cab.
if I find the time I could do a quick comparison of both. the more scooped sound is what I`m more after. try to get that black dahlia murder or some other really brutal sound with an engl cab..., it`s really hard!
the ENGL cab boosts the ~250hz region too much. solo`d it sounds awesome, but it doesn`t fit in a mix that well.
I`m getting the mesa on saturday, YEEEHAAOW!

update: I`m gonna get the mesa cab.
if I find the time I could do a quick comparison of both. the more scooped sound is what I`m more after. try to get that black dahlia murder or some other really brutal sound with an engl cab..., it`s really hard!
the gnl cab boosts the ~250hz region too much. solo`d it sound awesome, but it doesn`t fit in a mix that well.
I`m getting the mesa on saturday, YEEEHAAOW!

dunno what gnl means, but 250Hz is exactly what my Engl has way too much of