Mesa OS 4x12 straight/slanted vs Engl XXL Pro 4x12 straight

Urgul

Jun 6, 2007
Poland
www.soundclick.com
I have the opportunity to buy these two cabs (Mesa Oversized 4x12 or Engl XXL Pro 4x12) in the same price.
Which one to choose? Which one is better? I will use it with 6505 for recording only (not for playing live).
What's your opinion, guys? Help, please :worship:

Sly, and which Mesa OS is better in your opinion - straight or slant? I've heard that there are the differences in sound they produce.
And have you ever miced Engl XXLs? What do you think about them?

Never tried an Engl XXL, I guess they're better than the regular Engl cabs which IMO sound too scooped, harsh in the high midrange, ... very cold to my ears.
I own a Bogner Uberkab myself which is very good but I plan to switch to a Mesa OS soon, the straight version which is known to be darker (better for me). I have to say you probably can't go wrong with the Mesa "straight" OS !

Thanks, guys! :kickass:
Is there anybody else who thinks that straight Mesa OS is better for recording than the slanted one?

I don't know, but there's plenty that think you should use the search function, I know full well that this has been discussed a lot. Please use the search in future.

I've serched and read all threads regarding choosing cabinets. Don't worry ;) And sorry for asking the same thing over and over but I want to be sure that I buy the best cabinet I can 'cause Mesas are VERY expensive in here :(
006 - I won't ask it anymore, I promise :oops::loco:

And thanks all of you for reply and help.