best drum solos

EagleFlyFree

crack you like an acorn
Feb 27, 2002
in a tree. that i have.
"best drum solos" is a sugar coated label proper enough for a thread name... what i really mean here is MOST FUCKING MEGA OBLITERATING OUTBURSTING RAGING FURIOUS BUTCHER DRUM SOLOS AND INTROS FROM BURNING HELL!!11!1
*sweeps drool from his chin*

the point here is not so much the technique, instead the teeth clencher skull crusher skin peeler ruthless killer feeling inspired by the solo/intro in question... though there might be exceptions here and there hehe

ready? set? let the blood lust begin!!

1. Halford - Betrayal
INSTAGIB!!! you NEEEEED to buy this album just for this song!! the album kind of sucks, even more nu than the first one (a lot more aggressive though) but for fucks sake what a jaw breaking kick in the face of a drumming!! if you put on headphones you can actually hear the poor drums moaning and crying!!!

2. Priest - Painkiller
love it or hate it, simplistic and all, it's THE metal drum solo... the ultimate grannie ass kicker! i can't imagine a 1990 metalhead running home from the record store, putting this baby on and getting his head literally flattened on the spot by this solo...

3. Metalium - Metalium
best - bass - drum - sound - E V E R -- Mike Terrana sure kicks the fuzzy sweaty monkey's ass inside out here! (best drum and bass guitar combination ever for that matter)

4. Metalium - Steel avenger
:-OOOOO it should be illegal to treat an instrument like this!!

5. Megadeth - Rust in Piece (Polaris)
total masterpiece!! style+speed+loudness=winner!

6. Priest - Exciter
yeah ok it's kind of primitive and stuff, but how many good metal drummers were even BORN by 1978??

7. Blind Guardian - Born in a mourning hall [1:03]
can you say superhuman drum patch assasin? can you say Thomen Stauch? you've defined redundancy!!

*Raymond Herrera in the song "Obsolete" (fear factory)
(I've heard no one else has ever been able to play the
drumming on that one)

*Igor Cavalera in the intro of the song "Against" (Sepultura)

*Joey Jordison in the intro of the song "Sic" (Yes it's slipknot...I dare you to disagree that the drums in that intro are fucking killer)

Originally posted by Tut Ankh Amon

And also there is a drummer called Akira Jimbo, who is a weird japanese guy who plays latin music like hell!!! :headbang:

Dude, I've seen that guy. Not live, but I've seen him. Me and my drummer used ot always go to Guitar Center and of course, I would get dragged into the drum section while he BSed with the people who worked there. Dude, Akira is fucking crazy, awesome fucking percussionist.

Yeah, I saw Rush during their Test for Echo tour in '97, and Peart's solo was fucking awesome. I've seen the Portnoy vids and such, because of my drummer (who I got into DT/Portnoy), but I haven't seen him live. :( I still have yet to see DT, but they never fucking come here and it sucks.

3 things i'd luv to see live:

COB - Haven't seen it (missed the gig in Sao Paulo)
DT - Haven't seen it (the last time they came here was 5,6 years ago, i didn't live in Rio :p)
Rush - Haven't seen it (my gf broke up with me the day that the HUGE gig was going on... i was pretty fucked up)

iargh... life sux... :p