Best drum sound. structure free

Gaspard

Aug 1, 2007
Paris, FRANCE
I was always afraid of adventuring myself in the deeps of recording (by deeps i mean triggers, sidechain, mic placement etc...).
Any way i was searching through my computer when I found the sneap samples. I loaded them onto pro tools to make them clean (i cut the region to where the sample starts and ended at the last minute, or millisecond lol). I opened this old session of a stoner/metal track i recorded and I proggramed the drums with drumkit from hell, so copied the DFH midi track twice (once for snare sample and once for kick samples), on the kick midi track i ereased anything that wasnt a kick hit and on the snare drum midi i did the same thing but i only left the snare midi notes. Then i used a free sampling proggrame called STRUCTURE FREE (works on pro tools, download it for free on the digidesign website), and i sampled (with the respective midi tracks) the snare and kick. Then i mixed these 2 new audio files with the DFH kick and DFH snare (snare top and bottom mic) and HOLY SHIT !!!!!!! It''s the best drum sound i ever had, makes everything cleaner and easyer in terms of clipping and mixing.

2 questions:

1) Do you compress or EQ the sameples ? i didnt find the need for it
2) Does anyone know if andy has snare samples forghost notes ?

thanx a lot.

1) Do you compress or EQ the sameples ? i didnt find the need for it
2) Does anyone know if andy has snare samples forghost notes ?

1) Yes. Andy's samples usually require less EQ than others though, in my experience. And I like the sound a little bit of compression gives to certain samples.

2) Never found/heard of any.

Pretty fucking simple, C3 is the keyboard key with the original sample, the other keys or modified in pitch !

It's easy as hell to use and pretty fucking useful !