Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None Becoming

• Immemorial

• Photon Dreams

• Total voters
This is indeed Anders' best drumming to date. The same can be said about Martin's keyboards

Voted For Broken Words regarding more the originality of rhythmic pattern than technic

Yeah! And I love "State of Trust", which Martin B. composed; I was very surprised (and happy) to see that they played it in the Suomi (Finnish) leg of the tour.

And yes, Anders' drumming is absolutely superb, with lots of different patterns and rhythmic changes in some songs, e.g. Uniformity, Weight of the End, but really cool old-skool-goes-slightly-prog drumming like in Endtime Hearts. Plus, the pop-meets-metal drumming in State of Trust is great; love it. Right now I lean more towards WotE.

Yes, and I would add "What Only You Know", which seems the easiest one; and they are also playing it live! :)

Concerning the drumming, I've recently noticed the drum pattern change in the chorus of "The Science Of Noise"; when in the second half the guitars are repeated but the vocals are like... compacted? and the drumming changes to something like a double-but-different version... And it all was a very powerful moment.

PS: I would like to analyse Construct and post it here (something similar to what stizzle did to We Are The Void, perhaps something slightly less technical), but my English is only average to be a non-native speaker (by the way, it also means that I have a very high level of English compared to most people from Spain...) and I don't have much time now :(

Yes, and I would add "What Only You Know", which seems the easiest one; and they are also playing it live! :)

Concerning the drumming, I've recently noticed the drum pattern change in the chorus of "The Science Of Noise"; when in the second half the guitars are repeated but the vocals are like... compacted? and the drumming changes to something like a double-but-different version... And it all was a very powerful moment.

PS: I would like to analyse Construct and post it here (something similar to what stizzle did to We Are The Void, perhaps something slightly less technical), but my English is only average to be a non-native speaker (by the way, it also means that I have a very high level of English compared to most people from Spain...) and I don't have much time now :(

I haven't noticed the pattern change on TSoN, will pay attention to it. Addendum: I think I heard it; it's a tempo change and an extra beat compared to the first part of the chorus.

For me None Becoming is a strong contender now (aren't they all…?), if you pay attention the drums have a really complex pattern that follow the same notes as the guitars (or vice-versa), with some notes replying to another, in a way. Immemorial is the one song that was really hard to get into, but now I do understand it and appreciate it's unnatural complexity.

Pienso que deberías de hacer el análisis, me parece que tenés un inglés bastante bueno y que se podría entender bastante.

I haven't noticed the pattern change on TSoN, will pay attention to it. Addendum: I think I heard it; it's a tempo change and an extra beat compared to the first part of the chorus.

Yeah, it was just that. Messed a bit the description.

For me None Becoming is a strong contender now (aren't they all…?), if you pay attention the drums have a really complex pattern that follow the same notes as the guitars (or vice-versa), with some notes replying to another, in a way. Immemorial is the one song that was really hard to get into, but now I do understand it and appreciate it's unnatural complexity.

None Becoming is growing more and more on me, I really hope they go on that atmospheric direction. Strangely Immemorial for me was one of those songs on the album that got me immediately into them (the songs, not the band, which I've been listening to since they released Fiction) and since the first listen I've been wondering why they didn't keep that track on the regular version of the album.

Pienso que deberías de hacer el análisis, me parece que tenés un inglés bastante bueno y que se podría entender bastante.

Maybe this summer. Maybe ;)