Which Bodom Song Has the Best Drumming?

ill take IYF, TLSO, and Bodom Beach, i used to be a drummer, and those have some good stuff, and for all of you saying Jaska is simple, well he plays the beats that fit into the guitar, and keys, hes just molded his playing for the betterment of the band overall

Also, as a drummer, I am very fond of Jaska. He has his own style which is overly and beyond amazing. In my opinion, I feel there is no possible way to choose a "best" song of Jaska's drumming because they're all amazing. Of course, I love Bodom Beach Terror because of the solo at the beginning, but every song has their own positives and I can't just choose one or even a few.

without a doubt deadnight warrior has the best drumming in my view. then i like bodom beach terror drums and especially the intro

CoB-Songs have NOT (!!!) the "best Drum ever"! No way!

Jaska shows not even 10 % of his abilities. I would even add, that his drumming is pretty boring. Ok, it gives what the song wants, but it's the same pattern in the most of the songs. That's fucking poor.

@fastbodom:
Derek Roddy (Hate Eternal and a Blues Band)
George Kollias (Nile)
Flo Mounier (Cryptopsy)
Steve Gadd (Jazz Drummer)
Erlandsson (Arch Enemy)

look for them on youtube, they are REAL maniacs...

Well, firstly, wasn't this topic about which COB song has the best drumming? And not who is the best drummer in the world?

Secondly, do you play drums yourself? It's funny, because always when the discussion is about Jaska or drums, many people just starts advertising other drummers, and always the fast drummers (Derek, George, Flo...), even if they don't know much about drumming. Ok, Derek is one of the better ones, because he can play other styles pretty well, too. But let me tell you, a super fast drummer does NOT automatically mean that he is good. Jaska may not be the world's fastest, but he has a lot of feeling and creativity. You're damn right he gives the songs what they need, and not some drum solos in every song. That is also a very important thing in drumming, if you just try to show your skills in almost every song, you aren't a good drummer.

But same pattern in most of the songs? Isn't that half the point? That a drummer is recognizable? And boring? Try learning a COB song perfectly on drums, and maybe you start noticing the little details he adds, that makes it interesting and challenging to play.

Now that you mentioned jazz... why Steve Gadd? Because he is famous? Dave Weckl was a professional jazz drummer at the age of 16, and he is arguably the best jazz drummer when it comes to technique.

EDIT: A good quote from Cannibal Corpse's drummer Paul Mazurkiewicz: "I like to play by the song's requirements, my goal is not to be the fastest or technically craziest drummer on the planet. I play by the song's terms, I don't play to amaze other dummers."

I really like, Bodom After Midnight and Children of Bodom. They are really cool to play and I think the way Jaska plays is not meant to show how technical he can be but how creative he is. That's what I like in his drumming.

Well, firstly, wasn't this topic about which COB song has the best drumming? And not who is the best drummer in the world?

Secondly, do you play drums yourself? It's funny, because always when the discussion is about Jaska or drums, many people just starts advertising other drummers, and always the fast drummers (Derek, George, Flo...), even if they don't know much about drumming. Ok, Derek is one of the better ones, because he can play other styles pretty well, too. But let me tell you, a super fast drummer does NOT automatically mean that he is good. Jaska may not be the world's fastest, but he has a lot of feeling and creativity. You're damn right he gives the songs what they need, and not some drum solos in every song. That is also a very important thing in drumming, if you just try to show your skills in almost every song, you aren't a good drummer.

But same pattern in most of the songs? Isn't that half the point? That a drummer is recognizable? And boring? Try learning a COB song perfectly on drums, and maybe you start noticing the little details he adds, that makes it interesting and challenging to play.

Now that you mentioned jazz... why Steve Gadd? Because he is famous? Dave Weckl was a professional jazz drummer at the age of 16, and he is arguably the best jazz drummer when it comes to technique.

EDIT: A good quote from Cannibal Corpse's drummer Paul Mazurkiewicz: "I like to play by the song's requirements, my goal is not to be the fastest or technically craziest drummer on the planet. I play by the song's terms, I don't play to amaze other dummers."

Ok, I'm replying to this because you just sent me a PM and said that you quoted me here (seriously, wtf?)

1.) I only mentioned other drummers because of
"All COB Songs have the best Drum ever!"
You could have noticed it if you had read my post more carefully.

2.) I'm not a drummer, but I have an okay-allround-knowledge of musical instruments including drums. And I don't think that fast=amazing. Ok, Flo is amazing because he plays his extreme stuff, but Derek Roddy plays nearly everything, so don't use this as an argument against me.

3.) It's cool if a drummer is recognizable, but Jaska plays very often the same pattern and that's what I don't like. I didn't say he's bad, he just should show a bit more variety. It should be possible without playing pure show off stuff.

4.) Please, please don't say "why Steve Gadd? Because he is famous?" to bitch with me and then on the other hand mention Dave Weckl who is ALSO a very famous drummer. I love Dave Weckl, he is an absolutely good example for technically awesome playing and the making of listenable music. The Dave Weckl band is just great.

So... an explanation would be nice why you PMed me just to say that you replied to me?!

Chokehold?

If bodom after midnight/beach terror didn't have the intros would people still say that the songs have the best drumming?