Bodom drummer, Jaska.

Darfus

Mar 20, 2004
Hey. I'm a CoB fan, I have been for about a year. I've seen them about 5-6 times. I'm a fellow drummer as well, and a big fan of Jaska. He's only been drumming for about 6-7 years, and I think he's very good. I've only been drumming a year. My idol is Portnoy, and i've focused on being able to drum him, nonetheless Jaska still one of my favorites.

Anyway, tonight at the Bodom show at the downtown bar in Farmingdale, Long Island, they played. It was a very small show, not many knew about it. But it was the best Bodom show I have ever seen. Sorryfor those who missed it! I spend most of my time on the Opeth forum, one of my fav bands, with Dream Theater and Bodom. Jaska not only delivers the backbone, but is creative and has groove. Maybe he should use some more chops though, and I'd love to see more Hi-hat work in non-double bass grooves. But hey, nobody's perfect, he still delivers when is needed and gives the song what it needs.

I was wondering what you guys think of Jaska, you fellow drummers. Ah, by the way, I caught my first stick in 15 concerts, and it was his!!!!! I have it next to me now, freakin incredible.... It was such a clean grab, not like it jumbled between people and then I got it, I just nabbed it off the bat. I flipped out afterwards, anyway, sorry for the rant, \m/.

P.S. Jaska if you're out there, or read this forum, I actually have nothing to say... but. I like you. hahahaha. I love when you drum and concentrate, then all of a sudden look up at the crowd and nod your head to somebody and laugh, funny stuff.

I like Jaska's drumming how it is.
He's not the most technical drummer but he provides a good rythym section that is apropriate for CoB style.

In fact, when playing SnBn to my music teacher he commented on the drums first.

We just got a drummer for our band, he's 14, and he's fucking incredible! I bet he can play Jaska's riffs without too much problems. He's almost like Mike Portnoy, only without the cowbells :lol:
I just had to say that. He can do fuckin tight double bass, blast beats, steady riffs, anything. Shiiiiiiiit niggah!

Jaska started playing drums when he was 12 years old. Now he is 25. There will be another drum special very soon on Scythes Of Bodom where Jaska gets asked 10 drum questions.

Zarok666 said:
Jaska started playing drums when he was 12 years old. Now he is 25. There will be another drum special very soon on Scythes Of Bodom where Jaska gets asked 10 drum questions.

Awesome. Ah yes, definitely more than 7 years. I read about 7 years a while ago and couldn't really remember how long it was. Yes, it's definitely more. But I WOULD like to see patterns on the high-hat, his ride patterns are there, just not the HH for some reason, I think he hates it. haha. I'm going to check out this questions now.

"We just got a drummer for our band, he's 14, and he's fucking incredible! I bet he can play Jaska's riffs without too much problems. He's almost like Mike Portnoy, only without the cowbells
I just had to say that. He can do fuckin tight double bass, blast beats, steady riffs, anything. Shiiiiiiiit niggah!"

That's really cool... He's probably been playing a while. I can play Portnoy, but that's because I practiced extremely hardcore for a year.

Jaska shows his best skills in his drum solos. He played some various solos in 2003 with almost different stuff in every show. But the solo he played in 2004 was the best I ever heard! He plays some amazing stuff which is better than the stuff in his 2003 solo which we offer as MP3 download.

Alexi and Jaska formed Inearthed in Grade six so I think that it has been alot longer than 6-7 years.