Which Bodom Song Has the Best Drumming?

^There are 2 erlandssons though, i don't listen to either Arch Enemy nor CoF/ATG, but isn't the older brother better?

CoB-Songs have NOT (!!!) the "best Drum ever"! No way!

Jaska shows not even 10 % of his abilities. I would even add, that his drumming is pretty boring. Ok, it gives what the song wants, but it's the same pattern in the most of the songs. That's fucking poor.

@fastbodom:
Derek Roddy (Hate Eternal and a Blues Band)
George Kollias (Nile)
Flo Mounier (Cryptopsy)
Steve Gadd (Jazz Drummer)
Erlandsson (Arch Enemy)

look for them on youtube, they are REAL maniacs...

You actually do have a point there...I bet Jaska could do a lot more but you know sometimes he does these really cool sounding things that make people all excited and tingly...like for example the intro to sixpounder with the bell of the ride and snare...its simple but it sounds hot.

And for the Bodom Beach Terror thing its just that you kinda know everyone's going to like it cause it sounds cool whether its hard to play or not haha.

CoB-Songs have NOT (!!!) the "best Drum ever"! No way!

Jaska shows not even 10 % of his abilities. I would even add, that his drumming is pretty boring. Ok, it gives what the song wants, but it's the same pattern in the most of the songs. That's fucking poor.

@fastbodom:
Derek Roddy (Hate Eternal and a Blues Band)
George Kollias (Nile)
Flo Mounier (Cryptopsy)
Steve Gadd (Jazz Drummer)
Erlandsson (Arch Enemy)

look for them on youtube, they are REAL maniacs...

Hasse Nilsson(Dimension Zero)

I can't talk about drums technique, so I just mention some CoB's songs in which I find some of my favourites drumming... and I do it thinking that somehow pretty much every CoB's song has good drumming.

Well, I like a lot it in "The Nail", in the "Bodom Beach Terror" and "Bodom After Midnight" intros.

Also, I like those rhythm changes in "Towards Dead End" a lot.

I think it would cool if they tried incorporating some jazz and bebop drumming styles into the death metal theme, if they haven't tried already. I think alternative drumming techniques make things a little more interesting, especially in parts that need something extra that the other sections can't give. I can imagine some amazing licks played over double bass and/or with some metal style cymbal work, but I know nothing about drumming. :cry:

Yeah Bodom Beach Terror has some insane drumming. Would have to be my fav drumming in any song, not just COB.

Deadnight Warrior gets my vote. Espcialy the lil' tap on the ride bell just before the first verse. That bit really hits the musical g-spot.

OMG, i can't remember any of the Bodom drumming. I haven't listened to them in the longest time but from what i remember, i'd say "If you Wnat PEace Prepare For War" and "Mask of Sanity" cuz of the technicality.

Honestly, Jaska isn't one of my favorite drummers and there's a lot more better drummers out there. Most of his stuff is simple.