Bodom drummer, Jaska.

Shagoroth said:
@Darfus: heh, fan for about a year, and seen them 5-6 times. Do you travel a lot?;)

Heh... I go to a lot of concerts. Every Bodom, Dream Theater, Opeth concert in the Northeast United States for the last year. Usually multiple shows per tour. Shows I DEFINITELY remember, I can remember the bodom show October 13th, the Bodom show a few weeks ago in a bar in Long Island, and 2 others. That's at least 4 shows. There's probably 1-3 more. Opeth I've seen like 4 times. I can remember 3 definitely. The time they played Blackwater Park and The Moor live (most recent), damnation tour. And the first time I saw them, Advent they played. These are just the songs I that let me know which tour it was, they had full set lists. Dream Theater, Madison Square Garden thing, PNC, twice with Yes. that's 4, with 2 headliners. There was probably another headliner to. yea, yea 2 pnc's. so 5 DT shows.

Best Concert: Dream Theater at MSG. They played 2 sets with an intermission. 3 hours and 20 minutes of Dream Theater music.

So....... Yes. I guess I travel a lot. Most of my concerts are in Manhattan which is only 1hr 30 min. by Public Transportation.

Shagoroth said:
i wish i could practice like crazy for a year
i never could actually keep steady practice, if you dont count airdrumming

Actually, funny story. I've only been playing the drums for a year, I bought my set in November of 2003. It only took me one month to be able to play most Opeth songs (without the extremely fast double bass speed) and I could play Dream Theater really shitty. The funny thing is is that I air-drummed before I ever played a set for around a year. And believe it or not that helped tremendously. The hard part was instead of airing it I had to get the transition of actually playing on the drumset. You don't build muscles air drumming. The transition to actually getting on the kit and exploring all different kinds of techniques styles & fills was quite a ride, and i'm still on it after a year. For the first 3 months I didn't try any Dream Theater. It was to complex for me. I was all Lopez for the first few months. After that it was a mix like it still is today. I can play Dream Theater now better than Opeth mainly because of Excessive speed that I have not yet built up. I can do 16th double bass notes at only like 140 bpm for a long period of time. For a second I can go extremely fast but then I just lose it. Ok, enough about me, how about the rest of you guys! *phew, a lot of typing*

-Darfus