Best drumming- which album?

Leary666

New Metal Member
Feb 22, 2003
Visit site
This is a tough call- I really love opeth's current drummer...martin? or something on once sent from golden halls....the drumming is incredibly varied and very intersting....not just monotonous blast beats (bleh) or the same double-bass pattern......I really like the intricate cymbal work, especially the very beginning of dragon's flight....great shit man! I only wish he would use a bit more of the kick pedals, but great variation and interesting drums! Avenger brought in Frederick, who's style uses alot more double bass, I liked the drumming a good bit on avenger, but I think crusher tends to get alittle too generic and monotonous...alil overplayed on the kick parts mybe. I think he really has improved greatly on vs the world, not only is the production fantastic, the kick drums sound great, but now we get great kick work with alot of variety....its a toss up, but i think id rate it
vs the world
once sent
avenger
crusher
and id have to listen to sttnw more closely
what you guys think?

Definately Vs The World. I'm fucking amazed over that tapping, almost tribal drumming technique that Fredde displays on this CD. Goddamn, that's incredibly. I usually don't notice the drums very often but even I am hypnotized!

Originally posted by Patric
Definately Vs The World. I'm fucking amazed over that tapping, almost tribal drumming technique that Fredde displays on this CD. Goddamn, that's incredibly. I usually don't notice the drums very often but even I am hypnotized!

I totally agree with you on this!

I must go with once sent. I like Anderson's drumming a great deal, but I think Martin Lopez is one of the more versatile and interesting drummers in metal period. The texturing and creativity that can be found on once sent, give Amon Amarth's music a feel that has not since been recaptured...the reason it is still my favorite album.