Best file host for demo distribution?

gorath23

Feb 6, 2008
As the title says, I'm looking for a site to host my demo so it can be repeated downloaded (ha, hopefully) from Myspace. Preferably something that isn't bandwidth restricted and has some kind of tracker, to determine how often the demo is being downloaded. Any ideas?

sorry for the dip-shit question but how would that work; hosting on mediafire and download from Myspace i mean??

Well he can post the link on his myspace so people on it can download the demo. I think thats what he means anyway

Cool, I'll give Mediafire a go, currently trying zshare which seems to work as well as I could expect.

Personally I would just get some cheap hosting space if you want it to look pro. I think I pay $30/year for 1gb of space and 30gb/month of bandwidth.

edit: BTW, the song on your page sounds quite good.
I'll also recommend drop.io and suggest doing proper id tags etc. so that the songs import nicely into itunes.

Personally I would just get some cheap hosting space if you want it to look pro. I think I pay $30/year for 1gb of space and 30gb/month of bandwidth.

edit: BTW, the song on your page sounds quite good.
I'll also recommend drop.io and suggest doing proper id tags etc. so that the songs import nicely into itunes.

Much thanks for the drop.io recommendation. I'm going to use that for an EP download, MUCH nicer layout and setup than mediafire.

Thanks!!