Saving the best for last..... I guess....Best haul of the year

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
Ordered the new Panic Cell "What Doesn't Kill Us" and the new Sieges Even "Paramount" and received them yesterday. I was probably looking most forward to the SE, since their last release was my number two release of 2005, but I put in the Panic Cell first. Man !! You could have parked a truck in my mouth when "Stare into Oblivion" came on. I dig PC's first release, but I wasn't expecting this !! Baldyboy (Luke) ya'll put out a killer album !! I spun WDKU four times before I could make myself take it out to listen to the Sieges Even. This band has not lost ANY aggression, but the songs are more dynamic with some change of tempos thrown in on many of them. Panic Cell has matured as musicians and songwriters. The guitar riffs are killer !! Luke, your vocals sound outstanding as well !! I honestly can't think of a better band in the UK right now than Panic Cell. This CD is easily in my top five of this year and I have only spun it maybe six times. Panic Cell needs a little better US distribution. I think I had to pay an import price, but it was well worth it. Killer CD !!

Now to the Sieges Even..... this isn't metal and is pretty much the anti-Panic Cell..... ha ha ha, but it is awesome. The song "Eyes Wide Open" might be the most beautiful song I have ever heard in my life. It may be a little mellow for many here, but it is a great song. Sieges Even has proven once again in my ears that they are the kings of progressive rock. Arno Menses has such a great voice for this style of music. To be honest, it is difficult to tell just how much I am going to like it because it hasn't received but about four or five spins due to me not being able to get the Panic Cell out of the player, but it is definitely a killer !!

Bryant