Best Guitar Player Of All Time?

I think what determines a guitarists skill is how good their solos sound, not how hard their riffs and solos are to play.

Yes a guitarist is bad if their riffs are extremely simple, but most riffs I find that are really simple and incredibly easy to play suck ass.

I think what determines a guitarists skill is how good their solos sound, not how hard their riffs and solos are to play.

Yes a guitarist is bad if their riffs are extremely simple, but most riffs I find that are really simple and incredibly easy to play suck ass.

So,it doesn't matter if riffs are hard to play, as long as they sound good, but if riffs are simple, they "suck ass". :Smug: I'm confused.

Yeah I know its confusing, if a lot of riffs are too simple they end up sounding horrible anyway, thats what I meant.

1. Dime for changing us and acting as all of our brothers
2. Dave Mustaine for being a guitar playing Ginger (RARE)
3. Yngwie Malmsteen for Arpegggios from HELL!
4. Toni Iommi for making like every riff in history
5. Joe Satriani for his feel
6. Michael Angelo Batio for being the fastest player i've ever heard or seen
7. Tom Morello for his wierd tricks and SFX.
8. Herman Li for Mario Sounds and Shitting on peoples Heads
9. Zakk Wylde for his AMAZING use of a wah and pinch harmonics
10. Me.....Cos I'll feel lonely not being on this list.

This is going to sound like balls coming from a guy named SouthernTrendkill... but I don't understand why people pick Zakk Wylde for pinch harmonics. Dimebag did it better, and do people consider Black Label Society and modern Ozzy to be better than Pantera??

But I'm fully willing to admit I am not as familiar with Wylde as I ought to be.

This is going to sound like balls coming from a guy named SouthernTrendkill... but I don't understand why people pick Zakk Wylde for pinch harmonics. Dimebag did it better, and do people consider Black Label Society and modern Ozzy to be better than Pantera??

But I'm fully willing to admit I am not as familiar with Wylde as I ought to be.

OMG! I feel like a fucking disgrace!!
I can't believe I forgot Dime!!
Dude, this morning I was listening to a crap load of Yngwie
thats why I sadly placed him first in my list.
I truthfully defiantly meant to put Dime in that place.
I should be shot.
And no way dude, Pantera totally rules compared to new age Ozzy and BLS.

OMG! I feel like a fucking disgrace!!
I can't believe I forgot Dime!!
Dude, this morning I was listening to a crap load of Yngwie
thats why I sadly placed him first in my list.
I truthfully defiantly meant to put Dime in that place.
I should be shot.
And no way dude, Pantera totally rules compared to new age Ozzy and BLS.

:kickass: :headbang: Right on, my brother!

Kurt Cobain is obviously the most talented guitarist of all time. He shreds so fast that it's actually at a higher frequency than the human ear can detect. Playing at this speed, of course, creates massive feedback that sounds something like "and I'm yelling, and I'm sceamin', and I don't know, what I'm saying." But I assure you he is in fact the greatest guitarist known to man.

Actually, Kurt Cobain is A) one of the shittiest gutiarists I've ever heard, up there with Ace Frehley and Mick Mars, and B) the asshole who killed metal in the 90's.

Rolling Stones' list is bullshit. Besides which, this is a metal forum and Rolling Stone is the magazine that dismissed Slayer as "genuinely offensive Satanic drivel," so why are we even mentioning it?

I really don't get Jimi Hendrix...he wasn't very smart, he didn't sound very good, and he wasn't metal. So what's the big deal? I agree that he did a lot for rock guitar, but nothing he did still holds up.

There is no one "Best Guitarist EVAR!" because that's a matter of taste...that said, I love Stevie Ray Vaughan's solos:cry:, Herman Li/Sam Totman (The Siamese Twin of Dragonforce!) 's shreddings, Jesper Stromblad's melodic genius, Kai Hansen's awesome melodic shredding, Fast Eddy Clarke's bluesy metal soloing, Hanneman/King's abrasive insanity (Only on RiB, the rest suck solo-wise), and the Almighty Tony Iommi, Unholy Master of Metal and Supreme Rifflord!:worship:rock::worship:

Kurty Cobain didn't kill metal. First of all: in 1991 when Smells Like Teen Spirit broke pop music... think of another band on the top of the charts that year... Metallica! And who was right there with AIC and Pearl Jam in '92? Pantera with Vulgar Display of Power. If grunge had any affect at all on metal it made it go from being cheesy to being dead serious, which IMHO is a very good thing. Secondly, Kurty & the boys themselves loved metal and Nirvana's early material is ALL sludgey metal-rock. And Phil Anselmo's voice sounds JUST like Kurt on Rise (compare it to early Nirvana songs such as Downer and Sifting).

That's just my grungey opinion, of course.

These are always pretty stupid, what's it even asking? what defines a great guitarist?
It sure ain't Kurt Cobain, Dimebag or Alexi Laiho though hahaha what a joke.

guitarists who haven't been mentioned who are up there:
Uli Jon Roth, Jason Becker, Joey Tafolla , Ron Jarzombek and shredders who i don't rate that much MAB (fast but shit), Rusty Cooley (same)
They are all far superior to Totman, Laiho and Herman Li etc.