Best interface in the $250-300 range?

InAbsentia_

Dec 31, 2009
Any recommendations? USB? Firewire? I pretty much just need 2 instrument inputs, a headphone out, mic input and something compatible with Windows 7.

Would the quality of the DI's from this be better than say a POD Studio GX or is the difference negligible? I would hope it's not the latter either way.

The reason I want to get one is, when I try to work with other people's DI's I can instantly dial in an absolutely sick tone, but when I try to do it with my POD Studio, I just get a muddy mess through amp sims. it isn't my guitar or pickups though because it's fine through an amp.

Any help would be appreciated, cheers!

Any recommendations? USB? Firewire? I pretty much just need 2 instrument inputs, a headphone out, mic input and something compatible with Windows 7.

Would the quality of the DI's from this be better than say a POD Studio GX or is the difference negligible? I would hope it's not the latter either way.

The reason I want to get one is, when I try to work with other people's DI's I can instantly dial in an absolutely sick tone, but when I try to do it with my POD Studio, I just get a muddy mess through amp sims. it isn't my guitar or pickups though because it's fine through an amp.

Any help would be appreciated, cheers!

If you want I can post a sample DI of my Line 6 interface DI sound, I'm using a Seymour Duncan Blackout as well :D