Suggest me interface with low latency ($300-400)

Executorg

Aug 14, 2008
I want record guitars with amp sims, so i going to buy countryman 85 and yet I need a decent firewire interface with the lowest possible latency (for $300-400).

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

You can get something cheaper like a Fast Track Pro for under $200 I think and really won't need a Countryman 85 since the interface has an instrument input. This is what I do, but it's only for home purposes and demo material.

I don't really like instrument inputs on cheap interfaces, that is why i want bought countryman 85.
I use line6 toneport now and di's sounds not very good, totally without low end, and it give me min. 10.27 ms latency, that not very comfortable for tracking guitars.

Most any decent interface will allow you to get pretty low latency, I would't worry about that too much. Plus the specs on your computer will really dictate what kind of performance your going to get while tracking.

But if its signal quality your worried about (which is seems it is), I would pay more attention to the converters. Maybe you want to look into something like an Apogee One.

I don't really like instrument inputs on cheap interfaces, that is why i want bought countryman 85.

In the range your looking at, I'd honestly be surprised if you noticed any difference (or a difference great enough to justify spending that much money on one) between the Countryman DI and the instrument inputs on a $400 interface.

In the range your looking at, I'd honestly be surprised if you noticed any difference (or a difference great enough to justify spending that much money on one) between the Countryman DI and the instrument inputs on a $400 interface.
Yeah, probably, but I want to try by myself.
Anyway i buy used, so if i decide to sell it i not lot to lose.

Looking at Saffire 40, looks like it have pretty good specs for $400 interface, but don't even know why i might need so many channels :)