Preamps - £300 - £400

bensnookes

Jun 4, 2006
I've been looking at the Presonus Firebox recently cus i need a Preamp, i'm going straight from my POD XT atm, and i'm looking for a preamp to go through, firewire and with the ability to mic up live instruments.
But since the Firebox clock in at £170 or so, i figure i may aswell just save up for 2 months and get something better.

Do any of you guys have any reccomendations for £300 - £400 or so?

don't get the firebox. i had only bad experiences with it.

first the tip of a TRS jack plug stayed inside one of the outputs. i had to open, bend the female jack to take it out. the result : bad contact now.

clicks, pops, and other shites, during playback for no reason. I format, reinstal, its ok for few months, then it starts to shit on me again. I browsed their support forum and found no solution.

get away from that piece of crap. if the firepod was a good piece of gear, its not the case of the firebox.

Ye i read a few bad reviews of it, which made me come here to ask if anyone had any hands on experience with it themselves.

don't get the firebox. i had only bad experiences with it.

first the tip of a TRS jack plug stayed inside one of the outputs. i had to open, bend the female jack to take it out. the result : bad contact now.

clicks, pops, and other shites, during playback for no reason. I format, reinstal, its ok for few months, then it starts to shit on me again. I browsed their support forum and found no solution.

get away from that piece of crap. if the firepod was a good piece of gear, its not the case of the firebox.